Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wii controller not turning on

Yeah Boi

Mar 24, 2018
Hi there folks!

Here I am again with a case coming from my ''To repair'' container. This time it is a Wii controller that does not turn on, simply, no lights blink with good batteries. And I really do not know what causes the problem. The only suspect component is the infrared module that has a weird color, as in the pictures, but if that is the actual problem, why would it cause the controller not to turn on? Thank you very much.

Yeah Boi

Mar 24, 2018
I try to upload from SD card using a computer, but why is there always an error? Because of .JPG?

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I try to upload from SD card using a computer, but why is there always an error? Because of .JPG?

well not being by your computer to check .... it's difficult to say what the problem is

1) for a start, have you down loaded the images from the SD card to the computer ?

2) is the SD card still in the camera and your camera is connected to the computer via a USB cable ?

or

3) are you taking the SD card out of the camera and putting it into a card reader that is either

a) a slot on the computer ( many laptops have these) ?

b) an external card reader that has a short USB cable to connect it to the computer ?

You see, without knowing what you are trying to do, there's many possibilities for problem areas

Yeah Boi

Mar 24, 2018
So when trying to upload them from sd card in-camera connected to USB, it says the file is too big, so what can I do?

Yeah Boi

Mar 24, 2018
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the last picture is another controller board, for the comparison.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
So what could the problem be?

The only suspect component is the infrared module that has a weird color, as in the pictures, but if that is the actual problem, why would it cause the controller not to turn on?

Highly unlikely that it would cause a no turn on fault

VERY CLOSELY check the solder terminals of the battery contacts, it's quite possible there's a dry or cracked joint

It nay be the actual on/off push button switch ( if it has one)
Other than a really basic fault along those lines, it's likely to be impossible to repair .... ie. you are not likely to get any of the IC's as spare parts

Yeah Boi

Mar 24, 2018
Alright, thank you man. I will do just that. And actually, every button on the controller can be used to boot it. The power button is for the console. And hey, since I think about it, can micro capacitors fail?