Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Fluke 199C ScopeMeter Color - won't power on

Status
Not open for further replies.

testjack

Jun 16, 2013
Hello all,

I have a Fluke 199C Scopemeter. I went to use it the other day, plugged it in since I didn't know if it was charged or not. I powered it on. The scope came on for about 5 minutes and I haven't been able to turn it in since. The power pak is 17.8 volts. I measured about 21 volts with no load. The voltage goes to the 17.8 range when plugged into the scope. The battery is fully charged at about 8.35 volts. Supposed to be 7.2 volts. The battery gets very hot when charger is plugged in. You can handle it, but its quite warm. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks
Jack

Sinewave

Feb 15, 2013
Download a schematic and start testing at the power supply circuit.

jonh

Jan 4, 2016
Hello all,

I have a Fluke 199C Scopemeter. I went to use it the other day, plugged it in since I didn't know if it was charged or not. I powered it on. The scope came on for about 5 minutes and I haven't been able to turn it in since. The power pak is 17.8 volts. I measured about 21 volts with no load. The voltage goes to the 17.8 range when plugged into the scope. The battery is fully charged at about 8.35 volts. Supposed to be 7.2 volts. The battery gets very hot when charger is plugged in. You can handle it, but its quite warm. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks
Jack

hello,
I have a Fluke 199C scopemeter which do not start like in your post.Do you fix this problem ? Can you say me your solution?

a062549

May 3, 2016
I had the same issue and upon disassembly removed the battery. I then applied power and all is functional. I assume the battery pack is dead and using the all the power form the charger.
New Battery pack fixed me all up

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
@Bobb : This post is even older than the other one you replied to.
Your chances for a reply are therefore very small. Please open a fresh thread for your questions. I'll close this thread and the other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.