Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Acoustimass Series 5 Sub Woofer

Pollenator

Jan 24, 2011
Hi

I need to find instructions on how to get access to the sub woofer unit and perform some diagnostics and repairs. My son has put several toys inside the unit and it now makes very little sound at all, while the cubes are still working fine. :confused:

Pollenator

Jan 24, 2011
I'm not sure if I've offended you with the simplicity of my request, but I have tried Google before posting here. I was hoping to find someone who had some experience of the Acoustimass Series 5 and could offer some advice.

janagyjr

Dec 17, 2010
<removed due to unhelpfulness>

Last edited:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I'm not sure if I've offended you with the simplicity of my request, but I have tried Google before posting here. I was hoping to find someone who had some experience of the Acoustimass Series 5 and could offer some advice.

doesnt look like anyone has seen one b4. Is the box not screwed together ? Some sub woofers I have worked on I have gained access to the inside of the box by unscrewing the speaker and gently pulling it out. Some have been totally permanently sealed up/glued together and there's nothing i have been able to do with them other than quote on a replacement

Have you tried to get a service manual for the unit ? they usually have dismantling info

Dave

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I'm sure someone here has had a problem with these before. Maybe you could ask that person what they did.

I'll have a look for the thread...

Hmmm, there are several. And it looks like everybody has your problem.

However, googling for "open acoustimass" brings up this as the first hit.