Connect with us

What connector is this and how do I find things?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by bgrah25, Mar 23, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. bgrah25


    Mar 23, 2016
    So often I come across a kind of male or female connector that I need to buy whether for a opposite connector or just a replacement, however I have no idea how or where to start when it comes to identifying a connector.

    This is a connector I am trying to find currently, I have uploaded 2 pictures of the female and male connections and have had no luck trying to hunt it down, any advice or help would be much appreciated:

    Attached Files:

  2. Sadlercomfort

    Sadlercomfort Ash

    Feb 9, 2013
  3. KJ6EAD


    Aug 13, 2011
    Connectors are broadly classified by their manufacturers as "circular" or "rectangular" and by basic function "wire-to-wire", "wire-to-board", "board-to-board", "bulkhead", etc. The pin pitch (distance between pin centers) is the next important criteria followed by pin size and shape and the myriad of factors that have you confused. Spend some time searching with manufacturer and distributor search tools on their websites and you'll start to understand how to manage the problem. Well-known brand-name connectors have markings indicating brand, series, etc. but these markings are often small.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day