Maker Pro
Maker Pro

What connector is this and how do I find things?

bgrah25

Mar 23, 2016
So often I come across a kind of male or female connector that I need to buy whether for a opposite connector or just a replacement, however I have no idea how or where to start when it comes to identifying a connector.

This is a connector I am trying to find currently, I have uploaded 2 pictures of the female and male connections and have had no luck trying to hunt it down, any advice or help would be much appreciated:

Attachments

• image1 (2).JPG
    image1 (2).JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 88
  • image2 (1).JPG
    image2 (1).JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 89

KJ6EAD

Aug 13, 2011
Connectors are broadly classified by their manufacturers as "circular" or "rectangular" and by basic function "wire-to-wire", "wire-to-board", "board-to-board", "bulkhead", etc. The pin pitch (distance between pin centers) is the next important criteria followed by pin size and shape and the myriad of factors that have you confused. Spend some time searching with manufacturer and distributor search tools on their websites and you'll start to understand how to manage the problem. Well-known brand-name connectors have markings indicating brand, series, etc. but these markings are often small.