Connect with us

Please help me find this FFC connector

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by c172jeff, Dec 8, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. c172jeff

c172jeff

Dec 8, 2017
    Hi,
    I have a Sony HDR-HC3 Camcorder. The camcorder has a main board with two SMD Flat Flexible Cable connectors that are in need of replacement. I took pictures of the two connectors and the two cables that attach to them. One of the connectors has a missing claw. The other might not hold the cable very well. I wish to replace them both. I believe the cables are custom made. I am wondering if that is actually true or not. If not, I wish to buy some. I believe the two connectors have different pin counts. For example, the one with the broken claw has 27 pins total and the other has 29 pins (possibly). I think they are .3mm pitch. I have matched up a mm ruler in the pics.

I am somewhat new to this and want to try and fix my camcorder.

Can someone on this forum help id these connector ... manufacturer, pitch, description,

they were for a sony. It has now become a fantastical goal to source these from somewhere and see if the camcortder is fixed. I have spent more than the camcorder is really worth, it is now a learning project.

Thanks for any help

Attached Files:

2. dorke

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
    Welcome to EP.

For connectors(any type), FFC check are:
    1. Molex
    2. JST
    3. TE

Ask a Question