Jimmerman

Aug 13, 2017
Good evening,
First of all, my apology for creating a thread that heated arguments

Therefore I came up with a lighter topic
That might not lead us to global warming conspiricy,

Jimmy,

(Topic)

What might be the next IOT including your imaginations?

Thank you,
All of you gave me good thoughts

Cheers

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
"IOT" Internet Of Things - basically the trend to connect 'everything' to the internet - your refrigerator for example (auto updating your shopping list).

I'm too long in the tooth to appreciate my 'fridge telling me I'm out of milk - the empty bottle does that for me..... but I can see how youngsters accept such changes with a kind of 'meh...' attitude.

I read a lot of sci-fi and there is an increasing meme of future people being connected to a global internet (accessible by thought-control and built-in video-over-eyeball technology etc) which sort of enthuses me. I suppose it will happen eventually but for someone like me who still works with valves (tubes) it is, perhaps, arriving too late in life.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Figures. I'm too old to have figured that out. Thanks kellys_eye.

My IOT is that George Jetson won't have to go into work to push the button that starts-up his factory each day.
He just gets on the internet and does it from home.
(How's that for dating myself)

Jimmerman

Aug 13, 2017
IOT yes..
I am part of that youngster who would like to find the possibility and trendy market.

My final thought of IOT through out my research was synchronize things with your heart beats. Because according to my medical research heart beat can reveal so many emotions including fear/happyness/sadness/furiosity and such.

The Development of IOT indicates the fact human wants to make their "switch" to their device easily,

So synchronizing heartbeat with your device which create another phannominal input level can lead another market of the field,

I wished to get output from the input which is human emotion

And my suggestion would be light colors and recommandes music for it...

Wished to see other options from you gentlemen

Thank you

Jimmy,

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Heartbeat as an indicator of emotion? I think its response ro exertion would overwhelm the signal.

Bob

Externet

Aug 24, 2009
I can see the government telling to dump your car and buy a new one as any functional fart will be automatically reported to the smog check department.

Jimmerman

Aug 13, 2017
Accordint to the medical information Ive consult with my friend was

Heartbeat speed as a graph of X
Heartbeat intensity as a graph of Y

There will be four dimmensions of emotions
There for with certain type of censor

Which I need to consult with you gentlemen
( sensor need to find speed and intensity )

Which Is similar but not totally but gyroscope can reveal the intensitiy of workout also what new phones these days can find out what you are doing

Since medical graph shows that certain emotions of four kind

Anger / Sadness / Happiness / Frustration

Can define without making error if you may concerned

So if you gentlemen know what sensor can be suitable for this option please let me know

Thanks for your time sharing ideas

Jimmy,

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Since medical graph shows that certain emotions of four kind

Anger / Sadness / Happiness / Frustration

those things are more likely to come from reading brain activity rather than heart activity

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
Remember "mood" rings? With modern electronics you could make an IOT mood ring! Great fun at parties if paired with GPS location hardware, maybe as part of a smartphone near-field link. If everyone at the party had the app on their cell phone, everyone could instantly map the "mood of the room" and identify people they would like to meet and greet. This could be bigger than hula-hoops and make a wise Asian entrepreneur a fortune!

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
I heard they already made something like that .... called it 'grindr'.......

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
I heard they already made something like that .... called it 'grindr'.......
Well, maybe so... but I didn't find any mood ring interface to the Grindr app... and they did sell a 60% stake in the company to "a Chinese gaming company, Beijing Kunlun Tech, for $93 million" in January 2016 (according to Wikipedia), so perhaps an Asian entrepreneur there will add a mood ring IOT as an adjunct to the cell phone app.

In any event, you are right, and I am just not up-to-date on the latest and greatest social engineering technology. The same folks who brought you Grindr also released Blendr in September 2011 on iTunes for IOS. Blendr is more like what I had in mind, although it too lacks a mood ring IOT interface.

Seriously, what kind of naive, trusting fool would allow access to his home to be controllable over the Internet???
Umm, you could consult the alleged, but misattributed, quotation of P.T. Barnum for the answer to that question. There used to be one born every minute. The number now, however, is considerably greater. Snowflakes, indeed! More like a blizzard.

Jimmerman

Aug 13, 2017
those things are more likely to come from reading brain activity rather than heart activity

Thats true.
There are some input informations from our body to machines like brain signals

but like doing the programming
It would get more complicated but adding another input to summerize humans emotion might increase the accuracy of what are the feeling is