Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Programmable Resistor suggestions?

z0d

Aug 13, 2015
Hello world,

I'd like to create a sensor circuit say for either temp/pressure/conductivity [OR ALL THREE, SEPARATELY OFC] that incorporates a wheatstone bridge. In it, I'd like to have a programmable resistor that'll auto-compensate ( no manual adjustments necessary ) the changes in Rsensor.

Wanna add that the sensor just has to work in a limited range, so the programmable resistor doesn't need to have an insane range.

Is this far-fetched? Else any suggestions would be welcome and appreciated. Please ask if I'm missing out any important details.

Thanks y'all!

Old Steve

Jul 23, 2015
A digital pot and a micro with A-D?

Last edited:
Reactions: z0d

z0d

Aug 13, 2015
Gratitude for the speedy response!

That simple eh. Yeah I actually just came across one, the CAT5270. I'll give it a try.

Thanks Steve!

Old Steve

Jul 23, 2015
No problem, glad to help. I figured that basically a micro with A-D and an op-amp or two for sensing could probably control a digital pot to do what you want, provided the digital pot has good enough resolution.
Also check out Xicor for digital pots, if the CAT5270 isn't suitable for your needs.

z0d

Aug 13, 2015
I figured that basically a micro with A-D and an op-amp or two for sensing could probably control a digital pot to do what you want, provided the digital pot has good enough resolution.
Also check out Xicor for digital pots, if the CAT5270 isn't suitable for your needs.

Yeah makes sense. I'd say a simple solution for a simple need. Aight will check out the other DP.

Thanks again!