Connect with us

Programmable Resistor suggestions?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by z0d, Sep 4, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. z0d

z0d

Aug 13, 2015
    Hello world,

I'd like to create a sensor circuit say for either temp/pressure/conductivity [OR ALL THREE, SEPARATELY OFC] that incorporates a wheatstone bridge. In it, I'd like to have a programmable resistor that'll auto-compensate ( no manual adjustments necessary ) the changes in Rsensor.

Wanna add that the sensor just has to work in a limited range, so the programmable resistor doesn't need to have an insane range.

Is this far-fetched? Else any suggestions would be welcome and appreciated. Please ask if I'm missing out any important details.

Thanks y'all!

2. Old Steve

Old Steve

Jul 23, 2015
    A digital pot and a micro with A-D?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
    z0d likes this.
  3. z0d

z0d

Aug 13, 2015
    Gratitude for the speedy response!

That simple eh. Yeah I actually just came across one, the CAT5270. I'll give it a try.

Thanks Steve!

4. Old Steve

Old Steve

Jul 23, 2015
    No problem, glad to help. I figured that basically a micro with A-D and an op-amp or two for sensing could probably control a digital pot to do what you want, provided the digital pot has good enough resolution.
    Also check out Xicor for digital pots, if the CAT5270 isn't suitable for your needs.

5. z0d

z0d

Aug 13, 2015

Yeah makes sense. I'd say a simple solution for a simple need. Aight will check out the other DP.

Thanks again!

6. Old Steve

Old Steve

Jul 23, 2015
    hevans1944 and z0d like this.
Ask a Question