Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Polarised C8 Inlet Power Connector

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
tricky one huh,, Farnell dont even have it.... I have a few of them around home that I have stripped off old equip. They are common on a Denon brand of CD player where both the polarised style you want and the non-polarised fig-8 style are used.

one reason over the years why I have spent much time stripping gear for bits :)

Dave

ikrananka

Jul 10, 2009
tricky one huh,, Farnell dont even have it.... I have a few of them around home that I have stripped off old equip. They are common on a Denon brand of CD player where both the polarised style you want and the non-polarised fig-8 style are used.

one reason over the years why I have spent much time stripping gear for bits :)

Dave

I cannot believe how difficult these are to find. Don't suppose you'd consider selling some of those you've stripped off old equip?

Thanks

ikrananka

Jul 10, 2009

Hey - they just might work. The thickness of my panel is just over 2mm so should snap-in (panel is plastic so could thin it slightly if necessary).

The only problem I can see is that the item linked above has connections for a PCB. I need to solder direct to wires - do you think soldering wires to these PCB connections would be difficult and/or not-recommend?

Thanks so much for finding this item.

KMoffett

Jan 21, 2009
Soldering to them should not be a problem...they're meant to be soldered anyway.

Ken