Maker Pro
Maker Pro

pls help need to pass for my finals

mothman

Apr 18, 2024
can someone please help?
i need to build a circuit that has combinational logic, flip flop and servo in one circuit.
i keep trying to search it but all ive search was either too hard or i simplt cant understand it

bertus

Nov 8, 2019
hello,

show us your problem and what you have done upto now.
that way we can guide you to a possible solution.

bertus

mothman

Apr 18, 2024
hello,

show us your problem and what you have done upto now.
that way we can guide you to a possible solution.

bertus
im sorry, i havent started it yet because i have no idea how to do it.
its just that we have to make a whole circuit that combinational logic, flipflop and servo has to be all connected in one circuit

bertus

Nov 8, 2019
Hello,

As said, show us the complete assignment and we will give you hints how to carry on.
We will not give you a complete solution.

Bertus

crutschow

May 7, 2021
First decide what you want the servo to do, and then you can determine what the required rest of the circuit should be.

mothman

Apr 18, 2024
First decide what you want the servo to do, and then you can determine what the required rest of the circuit should be.
this is the servo we need to use

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240419_041847_com.shopee.ph.jpg
    Screenshot_20240419_041847_com.shopee.ph.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 7

bertus

Nov 8, 2019
hello,

the following page has some more details on the servo;

bertus

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
You need to refine the very, very, very general "requirements" into a detailed task description. Then you can design a circuit from that. For example:

• Design a circuit that has 2 buttons.
  • Pressing button 1 shall move the servo in the leftmost position (e.g. unlock door).
  • Pressing button 2 shall move the servo in the rightmost position (e.g. lock door).
  • When no button is pressed, the servo shall stay in its current position (or define otherwise, e.g. lock the door in this case, as you deem fit.).
  • When both buttons are pressed, the servo shall stay in its current position (or define otherwise, e.g. lock the door in this case, as you deem fit).
Or define any other list of requirements that you think you can solve. You may have to look up on the internet more details, e.g. what supply voltage to use, how to control the servo position etc.
Hint: you will need a clock source.

If you can't, you're probably not yet fit for your final exam, sorry :(

mothman

Apr 18, 2024
You need to refine the very, very, very general "requirements" into a detailed task description. Then you can design a circuit from that. For example:

• Design a circuit that has 2 buttons.
  • Pressing button 1 shall move the servo in the leftmost position (e.g. unlock door).
  • Pressing button 2 shall move the servo in the rightmost position (e.g. lock door).
  • When no button is pressed, the servo shall stay in its current position (or define otherwise, e.g. lock the door in this case, as you deem fit.).
  • When both buttons are pressed, the servo shall stay in its current position (or define otherwise, e.g. lock the door in this case, as you deem fit).
Or define any other list of requirements that you think you can solve. You may have to look up on the internet more details, e.g. what supply voltage to use, how to control the servo position etc.
Hint: you will need a clock source.

If you can't, you're probably not yet fit for your final exam, sorry :(
i am very sorry i cant put it in words, sorry for my poor english but ill try to.

So our project needs to have combinational logic, flipflop and servo in one circuit and all of that needs to be all connected with each other.
I am thinking of building a door lock with one button that locks and unlocks it
Just a context; our project was to make a combinational logic and need to apply it to real life things (i made a self defense alarm) i alarms and lights up when you click the button.
On midterm we are tasked to make a flip flop, in this case i made a coin tosser using two LED's.
However on pur final we are tasked to combine the combinational logic and flipflops to the servo.

We are only tasked to do this without any guide that is why i am having a hard time explaining it to you guys, i am very sorry and thank you all for understanding.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
We are only tasked to do this without any guide that is why i am having a hard time explaining it to you guys, i am very sorry and thank you all for understanding.

but surely throughout your course you would have covered the things required for your exam
That is the stahdard way for courses and exams. Exams are basically a test of what you learned throughout the course

mothman

Apr 18, 2024
but surely throughout your course you would have covered the things required for your exam
That is the stahdard way for courses and exams. Exams are basically a test of what you learned throughout the course
this isnt an exam this was our hands-on project we are tasked to build it on ourselves with our own idea

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
However on pur final we are tasked to combine the combinational logic and flipflops to the servo.
A servo like the SG90 in your image is not controlled by a simpel on-off signal. Instead it is controlled by a signal with fixed frequency but varying duty cycle (see e.g. this explanation).
You could either create a single clock source with variable ducty cycle, or for a simpel lock/unlock application use two clock sources with different duty cycles and use a multiplexer to select either of the clock sources to turn teh servo in the locked or unlocked position.

That's as fas as I can go in the homework section. You need to do the design for yurself. You're welcome back when you have a specific question, but we can not and will not do the design for you.

we are tasked to build it on ourselves with our own idea
At least the idea is then not your own ;)

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
There would be several around using a 555 timer.
Operation is not strictly flip flop but it does flip from one setting to another and then another depending on button presses.(or not)

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
Timothy has responded like an AI to the suggestion by @Harald Kapp to use a two-button set of switches to operate the servo configured to operate as a door lock... or any other sort of lock. This may of course simply be a communication problem as @mothman learns more English. It does seem as if a flip-flop could be folded in here, and I really like Harald's suggestion to use two frequencies to set the servo position. Nevertheless, it does appear that the original poster is not sufficiently prepared. But not to worry too much (unless time is of the esseence) because lessons are repeated until they are learned.

I wonder why the owners of MakerPro haven't installed an AI text translator?

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
Addendum: If you are going to use just ONE button to change the state of a flip-flop, don't forget to de-bouince the switch before applying the logic state of the switch to the clock input of the flip-flop.

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
can someone please help?
Your educational institution has failed you already, has not given you the ability to understand the difference between sequential logic and combinational logic?
Therefore is reasonable to deduce that you are not aware that there are different types of flip- flops, furthermore you don't seem to understand the function of a"servo".
Question?To the powers that be....(moderators). Respectfully.Can we give him the answers in this case?
It would be Maker Pro educating this individual.
He is Practically begging for help..

bertus

Nov 8, 2019
hello,

giving hints to solve the problem is of more help to learn solving problems.
also links that will explain the working of flip-flops will help.

he might want to read some more about digital circuits on the education section of all about circuits:

bertus