Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Hydraulic Lift Desk Drawer

AlexG1515

Oct 29, 2016
Hey hows it going guys, new to the site to get some information on a small project I am doing for my girlfriend. I am currently building her a makeup vanity, I don't want it to be any old desk with some drawers. I would like to add in a vertical lifting mechanism that will allow for her to press a button and a circular like drawer will appear out of the desk (keeping in mind that I have measurements and ideas for everything else that can possibly change with the ideas about how to make this work. I want it to be fairly simple but at the same time work right every time. I am basically looking for a way to make a mini upside down hydraulic lift. Clearly this will be needing some sort of motor and other electronics to go into, but I'm not quite sure on how to go about doing it. I have looked everywhere for ideas and seem to come up short every search i do. Of course I have a back up plan for a manual lift that would simply be her lifting the drawer up with a knob then turning the cylinder to lock it in place, but of course I want to see if i can 1 up that with a little electronics. Anything helps guys and would love to hear what you guys would think would work best.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Depends largely on size but plenty of hobby style dc motor/gearbox units on ebay. These have a fairly high torque to begin with being dc motor but then amplified due to the gearbox.

Could be further speed reduced via cogged (synchronous) belt drive and also torque increased once again.

Beauty is most can also be powered via a plug pack (again depending on size of the load)

Couple of push buttons, a relay or 2 and a couple of limit switches to do the control.
(forward...stop...reverse....stop)