Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Doubling capacitors in flash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
It just looks like standard fill flash to me.

I suspect your technique could use some improvement. You say you don't take advantage of your available sync speed.

Moving from 1/100 to 1/250 will give you the equivalent of a 2.5 x increase in flash power.

Another important consideration for maximal use of the power you have is that the flash is not illumination an area far wider than your camera is seeing. This is very important for outdoor flash photography where distances are generally larger and you have less objects (walls, ceilings, etc) for the flash to bounce off. A fresnel lens j front of your flash can do wonders.

If your shooting into the sun, some flashes can be fooled into producing less light. Are you manually setting the flash power?

However if adding capacitors is what you want to do (as opposed to solving the problem with what you have) then I recommend you get flash rated capacitors.

Flash rated capacitors are designed to discharge quickly and are this able to give a shorter, brighter flash. Just adding normal capacitors may result in more light, but the flash duration will be substantially longer (but not even over that duration). If you want the flash to stop motion you may find you're still getting motion blur.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
https://www.google.rs/search?q=over...0ZXVAhVJG5oKHessBEoQ_AUICigB&biw=1440&bih=728
We are going slightly off topic. Too much "Why?" on simple task I want to try.
Lets keep this thread on straight way.

no we are not .... as has been said, you need to learn to understand your camera and how to use it correctly. You DONT need to mess up you flash unit

just to take the first example from that link

you set the exposure to get the sun and background at the wanted exposure level. THEN you use the flash(S) as a fill in light source to light the shadowed side of the girl.
if you need all of her well lit as above you need MULTIPLE flashes at different angles

your problem is your lack of skills with photography NOT lack of skills with electronics

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.