Maker Pro
Maker Pro

CCFL Panel Light Box form Sony KDL-26P3020

Arturas

May 17, 2016
Hi, I am fairly new to this whole DIY electronics projects thing, so I'm still running in a lot of things I still have to learn.

I've got an old Sony KDL-26P3020 TV than I stripped completely so now i only have CCFL back-lighting pannel with an inverter attached to it.
I have tried to find any info about it for a few days now with not much success, which brings me here..

I want to power the CCFL light with the existing inverter but using other power source.
And I have no idea how can I do it, more I read about it, more I get confused.

I have attached pictures of the board and what I suspect is the pin out diagram.

Can anyone lend a hand with this project?

Much appreciated

Attachments

• DSC_1685.JPG
    DSC_1685.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC_1687.JPG
    DSC_1687.JPG
    200.1 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC_1692.JPG
    DSC_1692.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 73

Anon_LG

Jun 24, 2014
I assume "vbl" is voltage backlight. Do you have an adjustable voltage supply? If so, attach positive to one of the vbl connections and the other to a gnd, gradually increase the voltage from a low setting (<2V), and turn it up until the ccfl lights fully. I have not tried the method with a ccfl inverter but I have tried it with an electroluminescent inverter, and no damage was dealt.

Please note only do the above if you have nothing but the inverter and light, it is much safer to test the input voltages with a multimeter and set your supply to that setting.

Anon_LG

Jun 24, 2014
OK, that is a step up regulator, this means you would have to start going up from 5 Volts, which I am sure would be safe. But, I would go for this one to be absolutely certain of avoiding damage. Supply this with a USB power output and you get 0.5V-25V.