Maker Pro
Maker Pro

ADT Safewatch 3000 system

teluwht

May 3, 2018
I have the above named system and would like to change the annoying 30 seconds or so beeping that occurs when the alarm is turned on. (with or without using the fob). If I could change it to 1 beep or something quicker....any help here? thank you.

ChosunOne

Jun 20, 2010
The ADT Safewatch 3000 is ADT's version of Honeywell's Vista-20P Control Panel (usually called just "The Panel", and not to be confused with the Keypad(s), which are probably model(s) 6150 and/or 6160. The Panel is slightly modified for ADT, but not in any way pertinant to your question.

When you arm your system in any mode (STAY, AWAY, or MAX), the default protocol of the system is to sound a series of Keypad beeps during the Exit Delay, to alert you that it's counting down. I believe the minimum exit delay is 45 seconds.
You may have noticed that the beeps speed up in the last 5-10 seconds of the countdown, to let you know it's about to expire.
When you open a door whose zone is programmed as Entry/Exit Delay, the keypads are normally set to beep during the Entry Delay (minimum 30 sec.) to remind you to disarm. (Code + 1; or keyfob)

If you have your system set to "CHIME", Keypads will usually (depending on panel programming) beep when a door or window is opened.

All these keypad beeps--Arm, Disarm, Entry/Exit Delays, and Chime--are grouped together in panel programming. You can't separate them.
You can select which keypads will beep and which won't. This allows you to have a quiet KP in the bedroom but be reminded at the door to Disarm.
On the quiet KP(s), you can disable all the beeps, but you can't select some beeps and not others: I.e., if you disable the Exit Delay beeps after you arm, then you won't have Entry Delay beeps to remind you to Disarm; and you won't be able to have that keypad Chime when a door is opened.

If you still want to silence your keypad(s), then you'll need to go into your Panel's programming. Do do that, you'll need to download the Vista-20P Installation Manual.
http://www.alarmhawaii.com/Alarm Vista 15,20.pdf

Don't be daunted by the size of the manual. You'll only need to visit a couple of excerpts on 2 pages. But you should have the technical manual for any electronic system you have.

To tell you how to go about silencing your keypads, I need to know some
things:
(1) How many keypads do you have? And..
(2) What are the KPs' addresses?
The Vista-20P Control Panel (usually called just "the Panel") has addressable KPs so it knows which KP it's talking with. Read a KP's address by pressing 1 & 3 keys simultaneously and holding until it beeps and displays a 2-digit number between 16 and 23. That's the KP's address.

Keypads have physical keys to press. Touchscreens have "virtual" keys displayed on a screen. Keypads and Touchscreens are different in programming. If you have a Touchscreen, this would be the time to mention it.

teluwht

May 3, 2018
The ADT Safewatch 3000 is ADT's version of Honeywell's Vista-20P Control Panel (usually called just "The Panel", and not to be confused with the Keypad(s), which are probably model(s) 6150 and/or 6160. The Panel is slightly modified for ADT, but not in any way pertinant to your question.

When you arm your system in any mode (STAY, AWAY, or MAX), the default protocol of the system is to sound a series of Keypad beeps during the Exit Delay, to alert you that it's counting down. I believe the minimum exit delay is 45 seconds.
You may have noticed that the beeps speed up in the last 5-10 seconds of the countdown, to let you know it's about to expire.
When you open a door whose zone is programmed as Entry/Exit Delay, the keypads are normally set to beep during the Entry Delay (minimum 30 sec.) to remind you to disarm. (Code + 1; or keyfob)

If you have your system set to "CHIME", Keypads will usually (depending on panel programming) beep when a door or window is opened.

All these keypad beeps--Arm, Disarm, Entry/Exit Delays, and Chime--are grouped together in panel programming. You can't separate them.
You can select which keypads will beep and which won't. This allows you to have a quiet KP in the bedroom but be reminded at the door to Disarm.
On the quiet KP(s), you can disable all the beeps, but you can't select some beeps and not others: I.e., if you disable the Exit Delay beeps after you arm, then you won't have Entry Delay beeps to remind you to Disarm; and you won't be able to have that keypad Chime when a door is opened.

If you still want to silence your keypad(s), then you'll need to go into your Panel's programming. Do do that, you'll need to download the Vista-20P Installation Manual.
http://www.alarmhawaii.com/Alarm Vista 15,20.pdf

Don't be daunted by the size of the manual. You'll only need to visit a couple of excerpts on 2 pages. But you should have the technical manual for any electronic system you have.

To tell you how to go about silencing your keypads, I need to know some
things:
(1) How many keypads do you have? And..
(2) What are the KPs' addresses?
The Vista-20P Control Panel (usually called just "the Panel") has addressable KPs so it knows which KP it's talking with. Read a KP's address by pressing 1 & 3 keys simultaneously and holding until it beeps and displays a 2-digit number between 16 and 23. That's the KP's address.

Keypads have physical keys to press. Touchscreens have "virtual" keys displayed on a screen. Keypads and Touchscreens are different in programming. If you have a Touchscreen, this would be the time to mention it.

Thanks ChosunOne....it is a keypad and the address is 17. I only have one keypad. Thanks!

ChosunOne

Jun 20, 2010
Okay, first thing you need to do is get into Panel Programming.

At the keypad, enter your [4-digit Installer Code] + [8] + [00]. I'm just kidding: That's the easy way to get into panel programming, but chances are about 99% that you don't know your Installer Code. Fortunately, Honeywell (Formerly Ademco) has a built-in back door into Panel Programming:

You can find it on page 3-5 of Section 3, Programming Overview, of the Installation manual I referenced above, but here's a copy-and-paste excerpt:

Entering Program Mode:
A) Press both [∗] and [#] at the same time within 50 seconds after power is applied to the control,

Note that you will first need to power-down the Safewatch 3000 Panel by unplugging the transformer (wall wart) where it's plugged into an outlet AND take one wire off the battery in the panel cabinet. When you power up, just plug it in and ignore the battery for now because you have 50 seconds to get to the KP and press [*#]. You can push the wire back onto the battery terminal when you're finished programming.

You may need to hold [*#] down for a second or two until it beeps and displays "20". Data Field 20 is the Installer Code; Press [#-2-0] (pound-two-zero) and the KP will scroll your Installer Code, one digit at a time, in 2-digit format, i.e., Code 1234 would be scrolled, 01--02--03--04. Copy and keep your Installer Code so it's easier to get into Panel Programming in future.

Now that you're in programming, enter *, 1, 9, 0 (Star-one-nine-zero) to get to address 17 KP settings. Enter 1, 1 (one, one) to suppress arm/disarm & E/E beeps. Then enter *99 to leave Panel Programming Mode and return to Normal Operation Mode.

Don't forget to stick the battery wire back on the battery in the Control cabinet.
=============================================
Keep in mind that if you do this---you will not have warning beeps when you enter your house with the system armed. If your spouse/child/sibling/parent/grandparent armed the system while you were out, you and your neighbors may get a loud surprise. You need to be mindful of when it is and isn't armed.

Also, you will no longer have audio annunciation of the system arming. If you enter Code + [one of the Arming options], or push the fob "Arm" key, while there is an open zone (e.g., a window left open), the system will not arm. You will need to notice that you have the green "Ready-to-Arm" light before you arm, and you will need to verify that the light switches to the red "Armed" light when you use your code or keyfob. Otherwise, you may walk off to work or vacation thinking you armed your system when you didn't.

ChosunOne

Jun 20, 2010
Forgot to mention: I wrote most of this from memory, but I checked the programming guide again and I think I was wrong about suppressing the "Chime" option. You'll still be able to use the Chime feature if you want.