Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Honeywell Ademco 6150 ADT Safewatch PRO 3000 Keypad Problem

L-1

Sep 22, 2015
I have a Safewatch Pro 3000EN burglar alarm system that was installed by a friend who was an ADT technician. While it is capable of being monitored, it is not hooked up to a monitoring company and only has an audible alarm. (My friend has since retired and moved, so I no longer have contact with him.)

The system has three, Honeywell Ademco 6150 keypads, all of which are hardwired to the control box. One of the keypads will intermittently start beeping, its LCD screen then displays the letters OC, signifying an open circuit problem, and the keypad stops functioning. This condition will last for a couple days. Then the keypad will beep three times, the OC display will go away, and the keypad will activate again. This has been going on for a couple weeks now. When this occurs, the other keypads still turn the system on and off.

I'm not sure if this is a problem with the keypad or the wiring and don't know how to check. For that matter, I can't figure out how to even open the keypad.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Hi L-1,
I think you probably have a faulty keypad. There is normally a very small screw at the bottom of the unit.
Or perhaps you have had new carpet fitted? It could have damaged the wire to the keypad intermittently.

Martin

L-1

Sep 22, 2015
Thanks for the response, I was finally able to open the keypad and found an accumulation of dust on a particular spot on the circuit board, under which was a burn mark on the board itself. I have replaced the keypad and everything works ok now.