Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Your food (Mature/Adult viewing)

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
An interesting and powerful documentary, it's feature length and it covers a wide range of issues facing our planet, i gave up eating meat after watching it, i can't no longer be part of that suffering...

Eitherway, i'm not trying to convince anyone if anything, i think it's time to see where your food comes from and the lengths they go to to make money..

It's your choice to live the way you do don't get me wrong, but if you're going to eat it, you may as well see where it comes from... anyway mature viewing only.

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
Good video, although I disagree with their stance on hunting.
Hunting is a more humane way to harvest an animal. Managing the number of wild animals is also humane because many starve to death or cause fatal traffic accidents.

I would like to see some kind of grading by a third party to label how humane an animal is treated. The meat would cost more, but I think there would be a market for it. I pay more for free range chickens and would gladly pay more to see a little more respect given to cattle also.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
I just eat!!
In South America We had to catch it first.. A pig.. Making real sausages was an eye opener, but that's life.
Look at real wild life videos.. Eaten alive. As much as it is 'horrible' to see, it is unfortunately the way life goes..
We (humans) always think there is a better way or better way for the animal to die. Only because we can communicate and think of less ways to suffer. The seal and shark don't..
Next the Green brigade will ask us not to tear the leaves off a lettuce!.
Until us humans are hunted, go forth and eat any way you can..
Really sorry if my comments offend anybody..I just see it as it is .'Food'.

Martin

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
You said it, until we humans are hunted and have the same done to us, pretty sad....

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
There needs to be a balance.
Somewhere between totally exploiting an animal who's entire existence is misery and not tearing the leaves off of lettuce because it may hurt the plant.

It's sad that a chicken never sees the light of day, has its beak cut off, constantly runs on a treadmill, lives in an 8"x 8" lice infested cage until its head is cut off by an automated machine.
But hey, I can buy a 6-piece chicken McNugget for only $1.

At least in the wild, an animal may briefly enjoy their time before their pounced on by a predator, or shot by someone like me.

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
The baby male chickens, yup fluffy yellow chics are simply dropped from from a conveyer belt, still alive the chic is mashed up then the meat is extracted and mcnuggets are made!

If you watched the video pigs get a prolong suffering... i agree with you they need to be more humane, but in these conditions half the birds are often sick, burnt from lack of clean bedding, we do have meat alternatives...

I have no problem with anyone hunting it from a natural environment at least humans and animals are on almost equal terms, if they could shoot back would you still hunt them lol - using just your body then yup fair game :) i once saw a goat take on a cow, cow died, if the goat then ate the cow i'd cheer it on lol it was fair, right now it's not

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
I'm an advocate of buying locally.
There's also meat clubs, where maybe 3 or 4 families can buy a pasture raised animal together from a farm and have it butchered/packaged up for them.

One thing many don't realize is how bad corn raised cattle is for both the consumer and the cow. They say by the time they slaughter the animal It's dying of acidosis.
Conversely, grass fed beef has much less overall fat and more heart healthy fats. Grass is what a cow is supposed to eat, not corn.