Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Where can I get a replacement board?

Cecil345

Feb 15, 2017
From an advanced in years newbie. Two images below are of a simple board that controls my favourite recliner. The lower switch (nearest to the 7 pin plug) is defective - the rest seems to function OK but I do not know the type of switch to get a replacement. It is a 'press and hold' to activate the retraction of the chair. The four pins seem to be linked to each other on either side but do not connect when switch stalk is pressed. The upper switch is similar but gives continuity across the two sides when pressed and, surprise, surprise, operates the extension feature satisfactorily.

The simplest solution seems to me to be to replace the whole board but I do not have a supplier name for it. If you can help I should appreciate it so I can get out of my recliner gracefully instead of tipping the whole chair!

Attachments

• PCB back.jpg
    PCB back.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 84
  • PCB components.jpg
    PCB components.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 74

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
Why not just replace the SW they are a common item, see your local or online electronics supplier, Mapins if in UK.
Those switches usually have each wide spaced pair shorted internally.
M.

Cecil345

Feb 15, 2017
Why not just replace the SW they are a common item, see your local or online electronics supplier, Mapins if in UK.
Those switches usually have each wide spaced pair shorted internally.
M.
Yes, you were right Minder. Had a rummage in my components box and found just the thing. Replaced the faulty switch but had to extend the switch stalk a bit with my 3D printer pen and to my surprise everything works. Thanks for your encouragement.