Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Way to detect the motions of fingers

dushancc

Jul 27, 2012
For a my school project I need to monitor the movement of fingers in a hand using a electronic device( not a camera using image processing). It must be something electronical. Anyone know about a device which can use to detect even the curveness of the fingers? If you know please help me.

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
You need to define the application better... There are lots of options, from the simple mercury switches to impact and motion sensor ICs... Capacitive sensors, resistive sensors, photo sensors or other mechanical sensors like springs and pistons...

dushancc

Jul 27, 2012
I need to monitor the movement of fingers and send them to my PC and analyze them. For this I want something electronical to get the data about fingers like size of the curve etc.. Can you help me.

ex. If you bend your thumb the sensor will sen it to the PC

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
I need to monitor the movement of fingers and send them to my PC and analyze them.

What kind of movement? Left, Right? Up, Down? First joint, Second joint? What degree of movement...

For this I want something electronical to get the data about fingers like size of the curve etc..

That is different from detecting movement, and sometimes beggars can't be choosers, you will have to work with what you can afford and what you can realistically get working...

Can you help me.

I can try to guide you, but it's your homework not mine...

ex. If you bend your thumb the sensor will sen it to the PC

How many fingers are you monitoring? How should this data be organized?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
one cheap option is to have a wrist strap and something like thimbles on your fingers. Connect them with something that changes conductivity when stretched. This should connect to the thimble and the wrist strap and go over the top of your finger. When you bend your finger down, it will register a change of resistance.

What you then do with this is another problem.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
.................. Do anyone know how to make a data glove for cheap with more accurate outputs.

cheap and more accurate dont belong in the same sentance
you can have cheap or more accurate not both
cheap will most likely = much less accuracy
more accurate = more expensive

Dave

dushancc

Jul 27, 2012
cheap and more accurate dont belong in the same sentance
you can have cheap or more accurate not both
cheap will most likely = much less accuracy
more accurate = more expensive

Dave

I don't need very very accrurate data. I just need a good tutorial on how to make a data glove which has a reasonable accuracy. Do anyone know a website on this data gloves.

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
I don't need very very accrurate data. I just need a good tutorial on how to make a data glove which has a reasonable accuracy. Do anyone know a website on this data gloves.

If it's a school project you should be developing it yourself not copying someone elses design by following their tutorial... You have been given multiple suggestions, it's time for you to pick a route and go with it...

dushancc

Jul 27, 2012
If it's a school project you should be developing it yourself not copying someone elses design by following their tutorial... You have been given multiple suggestions, it's time for you to pick a route and go with it...

Actually I have to develop a software with it. I can use any hardware for it. Anyway thank all of you for the help