Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Video card repair , please help

Cqzi

Nov 24, 2017
Hello guys , after searching all the internet about if it's posible to repair my videocard who does't work at all , tried different things in software but nothing works (old and new driver , old and new windows) , the card has something thats for sure . I buyed the card broken very cheap , hoping i can fix it (goddamit i was wrong) because i really dont have money for an acceptable gaming card . I dont know if i am in the right place to ask for help with my videocard but i am really desperate .

So, the card is Gtx titan 6gb (2013) refference and this is the error : https://s18.postimg.org/udiavw6g9/Untitled.png
This is the card itself : https://postimg.org/gallery/1apyruauu/

I was reading something about put the videocard in a microwave but no thanks, rofl , but something pop out, someguy with multimeter veryfing sum motherboard capacitors/mosfets etc . and i said to myself "maybe i can buy one cheap multimeter and hope its something replaceble in the videocard itself?" i dont know much about electrics but i am really want to know more . And before spending more money on the multimeter and orther stupid ideas , can you guys advice me what can i do ?

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Your screen cap shows that you have the card fitted and, seemingly, working..... how else would you have a screen display otherwise?
The alternative is that you've fitted the card but you've not disabled the built-in graphics so the PC isn't able to access it.
But purchasing a known, non-working, graphics card is stupidity of the first order - and considering you have zero skills to find/repair such a device (difficult/impossible for even the most skilful engineer) only compounds the issue.

I'd put this down to experience and throw it away (assuming the above comment on disabling the built-in graphics doesn't make any difference).

Cqzi

Nov 24, 2017
The integrated graphic card was disabled , and with the dvi in the videocard itself it gives image with microsoft display driver but not showing in the entire monitor and it was on full resolution and when i instaled nvidia driver just black image ( once gave me pink with lines image for couple of seconds) . I know i made a bad decision buying this , i realise after i buyed , never again .

Cqzi

Nov 24, 2017
If its a way i can find where is the problem , what is broken or any suggestion , i am open to try it ;)

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Change all the electrolytic capacitors. If no better then change the GPU.....

Without a schematic and a Digital Storage Oscilloscope you are left with 'grasping straws' hence the suggestion above.

All parts are surface-mounted so expect difficulties in removing replacing the capacitors and zero success changing the GPU......

Cqzi

Nov 24, 2017
Lets say i will find a bad capacitor or a bad mosfet how do i know what type of capacitor/mosfet works on the graphic card , there are 2 type of capacitor on this card : "A3 OCRZ 270 16V" and A3 560 2.5Z and mosfet (i think so , the one between memory and vrm) "330 2ncpxe"

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
You replace parts on a like-for-like basis, Googling the parts to source replacements. As long as the value and voltage match the part will work - even if it's physically different in appearance.

If you have broken MOSFETs then the chances of repair are even lower. As already mentioned, without a schematic you're on your own.

Cqzi

Nov 24, 2017
So is imposible to find a schematic for this card , right ?

"If you have broken MOSFETs then the chances of repair are even lower" why is that ? Because its dificult to replace the mosfet or is dificult to find the same one ?

Last edited:

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
So is imposible to find a schematic for this card , right ?
...as good as. The manufacturers MIGHT give you a copy but you'd probably be the first person ever to get one!

Because its dificult to replace the mosfet or is dificult to find the same one ?
More because mosfets don't blow for no reason - there is usually another cause for their demise and that only leads to having to trace the circuit(ry). Being a multi-layered pcb the chances of doing that are under 2%.

Cqzi

Nov 24, 2017
Ok ... i decide to let it go , i dont wanna spend more money on this crap , i will save money and i will buy a new one ... thanks for everything mate