Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Ultrak MA850

Peter Szczerba

Apr 2, 2018
I'm still looking for Installation manual for Ultrak MA-850 Multi-Function Analyzer & Tester. I have number of Litton shock sensors connected to the analyzer, Need to know how to set the sensitivity for each of the zones. It seem the Company is out of business or it has been bought.

ChosunOne

Jun 20, 2010
Peter, I don't have a better answer than the one I gave you almost 5 years ago: That Ultrak module was being used in the late 80's (IINM) and I don't know if the manual for it was even put on the internet, which came in common use years later.

However...
Today I noticed something that I missed 5 years ago: It didn't strike me at the time, but that model designation stands out as the same model # as the Napco MA850 Control Panel, which was contemporary with Ultrak's Analyzer & Tester modules. I could be wrong, but it seems that I would remember the same model designation on a popular Napco Panel _and_ a shock sensor analyzer & tester module. That sort of thing did happen from time to time, and it stuck in my memory when it did: It carries the potential for confusion.

So...is your alarm Panel that the Analyzer is hooked up to, a Napco MA850 by any chance? If it is, you might look closer at the Analyzer module to see if you can find another model designation. A picture might be helpful.

Peter Szczerba

Apr 2, 2018
I'm still looking for Installation manual for Ultrak MA-850 Multi-Function Analyzer & Tester. I have number of Litton shock sensors connected to the analyzer, Need to know how to set the sensitivity for each of the zones. It seem the Company is out of business or it has been bought.
just an FYI this is not a Napco Panel, its a 8-zone shock sensor analyzer, I'm still determined to find it, thank for your feed back

Attachments

• Ultrak-8 Zone Controller_01.jpg
    Ultrak-8 Zone Controller_01.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Termination 8-zones.jpg
    Termination 8-zones.jpg
    494.2 KB · Views: 2

ChosunOne

Jun 20, 2010
OK, I don't think I ever worked with that particular model, but I worked with 4-zone analyzers that most likely were adjusted the same way. I do remember it had 3 settings that had to be set, for what is simplistically called "sensitivity". I'll see what I can find. No promises, it's been a long time.