Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Trays shelfs for SMT components

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Just make up a cheap box with shelves in it and slide them in. They really look perfect.

Are you taking surface mount transistors out of their packaging? Or would you put them in these still on short sections of tape? Do you ever have devices in tubes?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Where can I get that?

You go to a local hardware store and buy some MDF, then you cut it and glue it together to make something,

This is a BAD thing to do. You can easily bend leads and it's really hard to identify components (well, many of them) once removed from the tape.

But the worst thing is what you do to the leads of (say) SOT-23 transistors.

Tubes of what?

Semiconductors.

You mean you don't know what tubes are? I guess it means you don't have to worry about them.

Tubes are long (say 60cm) plastic tubes that are shaped specially to hold semiconductors in a single orientation (imagine for DIL devices a tube with a squared off horseshoe inner cross section)

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
You can also get little desktop drawer units at places like Walmart or an office supply store, just look in the 'going back to school' section or in the Rubbermaid area, lots of little desktop organizers... Take the little jars I posted, drop them in the drawers and presto...

You seem to NOT want to do ANYTHING to help yourself or attempt to solve the problem on your own, just knock down everyone elses ideas and complain that it's not what you want... A few hours Googling would produce 100s of retail options, try it...

Tubes of what?

Wow :eek:

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
But the worst thing is what you do to the leads of (say) SOT-23 transistors.

I can't say I have had much of an issue with SOT-23 out of the tape, they are so light they don't seem to cause each other damage, at least nothing that still won't land on the pads fine... But take something like a small QFP or TSOP chip, yeah you will bend the corner legs all the time, best left in tubes/trays/tape or sandwiched between foam...