Connect with us

Toro leaf blower motor

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by GeeBee, Feb 14, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. GeeBee

GeeBee

Feb 14, 2017
    I'd like to repair the motor in my Toro 51592 blower. The bronze bearing opposite the impeller is worn out. Any chance of finding that bearing with the housing or a new (used) motor? IMG_7388.JPG IMG_7390.JPG

2. Minder

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
    You may have to take the housing apart and try and find a sintered bronze bearing to match, if you have a bearing supply Co in your area they may have a selection.
    M.

3. Bluejets

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
    They will be a self-centreing bearing and moulded or pressed into the rear bearing housing.

We used to replace these in the Hoover constellation vacuum motors but these days, I doubt it.

Usually by the time one realises the bearing is shot, so is the armature from poling.

4. Pearlie Weaver

Pearlie Weaver

Mar 24, 2017
    That being said is such a powerful tool to offer a rugged metal impeller and an infinite variable speed motor! I guess a leaf blower is nevertheless powerless without such motor.

5. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Have you tried a garden tool repair/supply supply store?
    I've been pretty lucky with the one in my area.

6. GeeBee

GeeBee

Feb 14, 2017
    I could not find the bronze bearings or even a new motor. I purchased the nearest sized sealed ball bearing and went to work milling out the aluminum housing on my drill press to accept the bearing and a little hand polishing of the shaft for the ID fit. If I had to pay for the labor it wouldn't be worth it but I now have a brand new working blower. Shame on TORO for absolutely no useful parts support.

7. Alec_t

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
    Nice job. Pity the motor wasn't fitted originally with ball bearings.

Ask a Question