Maker Pro
Maker Pro

PSpice Bipolar Junction Transistors Modeling

insyspower

May 29, 2017
i want to simulate the circuit AmpopTBH2 , on PSpice.
1hbt-png.140137

On image 1hbt.png we can see that Draft4 is working fine, on image 2hbt_pardif.png
2hbt_pardif-png.140138

is the same circuit as Draft4 but on PSpice that circuit won't work right, because on Green voltage marker the same point as vpardif on LTspice, the voltage is always 3V (3vpardif_pspice.png)
3vpardif_pspice-png.140139

The transistor i am using is BFR92A/PLP, because on PHILRF.lib the BFR92 is not there, no model available, but BFR92A is still the complementary of BFT92 so i thought it would work on PSpice, but unfortunately yet no.

The only circuit of HBT on PSpice is working right now for me is Class B Amplifier: HBTclassB.png
hbtclassb-png.140374
& HBTclassB_vout_graph.png .
hbtclassb_vout_graph-png.140375

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Your images don't show. Obviously one needs to be logged in to AllAbaoutCircuits to see them.
Upload the images directly using the "Image" button in the menu bar right next to the smiley.

insyspower

May 29, 2017
i want to simulate the circuit AmpopTBH2, on PSpice.
On image 1hbt.png we can see that Draft4 is working fine, on image 2hbt_pardif.png is the same circuit as Draft4 but on PSpice that circuit won't work right, because on Green voltage marker the same point as vpardif on LTspice, the voltage is always 3V 3vpardif_pspice.png.

The transistor i am using is BFR92A/PLP, because on PHILRF.lib the BFR92 is not there, no model available, but BFR92A is still the complementary of BFT92 so i thought it would work on PSpice, but unfortunately yet no.
The only circuit of HBT on PSpice is working right now for me is Class B Amplifier: HBTclassB.png& HBTclassB_vout_graph.png .

I also checked the SIEMENS.lib, but i didn't find any PNP/NPN complementary transistors, i have to use both types. I need a Transition Frequency about 5GHz.
I have physically (brought) the transistors BFR92 and BFT92.

Attachments

• 1hbt.png
    1hbt.png
    364.9 KB · Views: 166
  • 2hbt_pardif.png
    2hbt_pardif.png
    414.4 KB · Views: 184
  • 3vpardif_pspice.png
    3vpardif_pspice.png
    279.4 KB · Views: 164
  • HBTclassB.png
    HBTclassB.png
    391.2 KB · Views: 166
  • HBTclassB_vout_graph.png
    HBTclassB_vout_graph.png
    327.5 KB · Views: 168

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
@insyspower: Is there some reason you are cross-posting the identically same message here as well as on stackexchange.com? On the stackexchange website, user laptop2d responded to your message with the comment that you failed to ask a question. You have not yet responded on stackexchange. The same applies here. What is your question?

The only circuit of HBT on PSpice is working right now for me is Class B Amplifier
From the crossover distortion present in the simulation, it does not appear that your circuit is working properly in PSpice either.

insyspower

May 29, 2017
Yes you are right, i am cross-posting the identically same message because is urgent, sorry i need a fast response if possible, so i thought more people could help.

My question is what reason might be that the Differential Amplifier work well on LTSpice but on PSpice not ?

(On PSpice the voltage on nodes is always 3 Volts, and the current on this nodes is in the range of 1 pico Ampere pA, and it should be in the range of micro Ampere uA).

"From the crossover distortion present in the simulation, it does not appear that your circuit is working properly in PSpice either."
i am sure it's working properly in PSpice, because the crossover distortion is more visible if the input signal is more lower than the output signal. (that's a Class B Power Amplifier)

Last edited:

insyspower

May 29, 2017
Don't worry about above posts #1 & #3 it's solved !

When i Run the PSpice Circuit i got the following error and warning:
INFO(ORCAP-2191): Creating PSpice Netlist
INFO(ORNET-1041): Writing PSpice Flat Netlist C:\CADENCE\SPB_16.6\TOOLS\CAPTURE\pcb3-PSpiceFiles\SCHEMATIC1\SCHEMATIC1.net
ERROR(ORNET-1111): PSpiceTemplate syntax error %s Unexpected end of string
WARNING(ORNET-1119): No PSpiceTemplate for J1, ignoring

How i can fix this error and warning?

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
You should open a new thread. It is not very likely that this older threat is read by others.

WHONOES

May 20, 2017
Try a different spice package called SIMETRIX. It is a professional product costing many K£. You can download a free trial version that you can keep for ever. There are limits on circuit size for the free version but you can simulate surprisingly large and complicated circuits with it. I had a look at the LTspice offering and gave up on it SIMETRIX is sooooooo much easier to use and a lot more reliable.

Edit: Forgot to add that I have been using it professionally and at home for many years.