Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Problem with SD card

SkyAnthrax94

May 2, 2016
I'm new here, so I'm not sure if this belongs here, but here's the issue I've been having: My phone reformats my SD card. I know how it sounds. Sometimes it just says the SD card is damaged, I take adapter, plug it into a computer and it's in an unknown format (a3x435hm7..... I googled it....it just....doesn't exist). So after it, even computer won't accept it.
// The weird thing is it won't even format in windows after this happens. I have to log with my linux to be able to RAW format the card in the first place, so I can restore SD to it's defaults in the windows later on. Now this is a bit time consuming, and I really hate that I can't really even use the card, because I know in 3-4 days stuff is gonna be deleted anyway. Does anyone know what the problem might be? And how do I fix it?
P.S. the card works fine with every other device. my phone is Alcatel One Touch M Pop OT-5020D (I know it's lame)

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
Welcome to EP!
If the card works fine elsewhere that suggests the problem is with the phone rather than the card itself. I'd return the phone if it's still under warranty.
Have you tried a different card in the phone?

SkyAnthrax94

May 2, 2016
Welcome to EP!
If the card works fine elsewhere that suggests the problem is with the phone rather than the card itself. I'd return the phone if it's still under warranty.
Have you tried a different card in the phone?
Um yeah, I tried a couple of other ones, the phone is not under warranty, and I'm short on budget, however I am good with manipulating software to my liking. I was hoping someone might help me reconfigure my phone?

Ratch

Mar 10, 2013
I'm new here, so I'm not sure if this belongs here, but here's the issue I've been having: My phone reformats my SD card. I know how it sounds. Sometimes it just says the SD card is damaged, I take adapter, plug it into a computer and it's in an unknown format (a3x435hm7..... I googled it....it just....doesn't exist). So after it, even computer won't accept it.
// The weird thing is it won't even format in windows after this happens. I have to log with my linux to be able to RAW format the card in the first place, so I can restore SD to it's defaults in the windows later on. Now this is a bit time consuming, and I really hate that I can't really even use the card, because I know in 3-4 days stuff is gonna be deleted anyway. Does anyone know what the problem might be? And how do I fix it?
P.S. the card works fine with every other device. my phone is Alcatel One Touch M Pop OT-5020D (I know it's lame)

Those cards have a speed rating. If you don't have one that is fast enough, you will run into probs. The speed should be marked on the card. I believe they go from slowest to fastest as marked by 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 and U. U stands for "ultra".

Ratch

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
ok so if I am reading this right when you put the card in its ok. then phone does something, then sd card no work. then sd card in Linux to format and all good?
in that case try erasing apps and factory reset your phone (this will erase everything so make copies first)
it could be as easy as a game or something has corrupted your OS

SkyAnthrax94

May 2, 2016
ok so if I am reading this right when you put the card in its ok. then phone does something, then sd card no work. then sd card in Linux to format and all good?
in that case try erasing apps and factory reset your phone (this will erase everything so make copies first)
it could be as easy as a game or something has corrupted your OS
That was the first thing I tried mate.

SkyAnthrax94

May 2, 2016
Those cards have a speed rating. If you don't have one that is fast enough, you will run into probs. The speed should be marked on the card. I believe they go from slowest to fastest as marked by 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 and U. U stands for "ultra".

Ratch
Just checked, card is compatible with the phone...