Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Pressure Spray

SuperSparkplug

Mar 22, 2012
Hi, in preparation for a future project, there's a minor project I want to try to get working.

Basically, I bought a medium sized force sensor and I want to craft a device that sprays water from a nozzle or something else every time there is enough force on the sensor. Now, I'm not sure if this requires some arduino or machine programming, but I'd like to know if there are methods both requiring and not requiring external programming (I'd like to know how to do both options).

Personally, I kinda want the pressure sensor to be kinda like Spider-Man's web shooter, in the sense that it's in the palm of your hand and you activate it with your fingers, but that's just me having a nerdy imagination, though if you knew how I'd construct it like that, it would be great. :)

If you do know how to do this, I'm sorry, but you'll have to speak in layman's terms. I'm REALLY new to electronics so I'm not very good or knowledgeable on the subject of making my own electronics, but I'd like to learn. So please, describe what parts I need and what and how to do it, if it's not too much trouble.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Why would you need a pressure sensor to hold in your hand and press with your fingers? A simple switch would do.

Bob

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
Knowing what the sensor is that you have will help us determine the best uses (with and without external programming) for the sensor