Need some help on a LG 32LG30 LCD TV

splatoid

Oct 18, 2013
Hi
IMG_0425_zps8bced49a.jpg

IMG_0427_zps0a06af92.jpg

IMG_0426_zps862eb119.jpg

IMG_0424_zps07a88dd1.jpg

I have this LCD TV and was wondering if anyone could help me. I took pictures of the boards in this TV. When I plug it in the power switch blinks 4 or 5 times. After that the backlight will come on and the red light goes off. But there is no blue light on power switch and it just stays on backlight no menu no input. Im getting my voltages on the output side to of power board. One thing I thought was odd is on the two heat sinks on the left side of board there is voltage running through them. Like 54 volts. Is that normal. No swollen or bad caps that I can tell.
Thanks
Pat

Last edited by a moderator:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
One thing I thought was odd is on the two heat sinks on the left side of board there is voltage running through them. Like 54 volts. Is that normal.

might be normal .... are the devices that are screwed to those heatsinks insulated from the aluminium with ( usually thin grey rubber pads) or not ?

Dave

splatoid

Oct 18, 2013
I don't think there insulated. I just haven't seen power running through a heat sink before.
Well at least it only shocked me and didn't kill me. HAHA
Better than coffee. I just grazed it with my elbow.
Thanks for the reply.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
well it may be just a way of joining up common collectors of transistors, without a circuit of the unit I dont know
Photo one of the heatsinks face on so we can see the devices screwed to it, nice and sharp so we can read the device part numbers

BTW
its heat sink

sync is short for synchronisation
eg. when 2 signals are brought into alignment with each other
we say they are in sync

cheers
Dave

Last edited:

splatoid

Oct 18, 2013
IMG_0429_zps50f77fb0.jpg

This is about the best I can do with my camera. Its not the best for close up's.
And I do know abut the Heat Sink but I was referring to two heat sinks (plural).
Thanks for taking the time in replying.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
no you still got it wrong reread my previous post!!!

as I said sync has a totally different meaning

when people spend their valuable spare time to try and teach you something
it would go well for you to listen and learn :)

Dave

Last edited: