Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need help with connectors!!

Aiden Collins

Jun 10, 2016
Hi all,

I'm not too sure if thus is the right type of forum but I'll give it a go.

I am needing a bit of help. I am in a bit of an odd situation here, basically I have a 4g router with a 3g only sim card in it, I am trying to configure the router but because it keeps picking up the 4g signal it keeps dropping off the router and thus not being able to configure the router.

I have tried coming up with a solution by buying a 4g filter for a TV (wrong connectors for the router)

The 4g filter at one side is a female coax inlet and on the other is a male.

Coming out of the router is a female n type connector. And there is a 3g antennas that connects to that with male n type connector.

Long story short I need a male n type connector to a male TV aerial (coax) connector. Then I need a female TV aerial (coax) connector to a female n type connection.

I've had a look all over the Internet and I can't find such a thing. What I can find is a series of different connectors that make up the male n type connector to the male coax but I can't seem to find a female coax to female n type.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Aiden

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
Hi Aiden, are you sure its an ntype connector? Got any pics we can see, it helps a lot.
Cheers
Adam

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
It's this type of connector but instead of the f type on the other side I need a coax or another solution.

that doesn't make sense
F connector is for coax .... What other solution ?
so again what do you really need ... show a pic

@73's de Edd

you have just shown the same thing as the OP did, not sure if you really intended to do that ??

Dave

Aiden Collins

Jun 10, 2016
that doesn't make sense
F connector is for coax .... What other solution ?
so again what do you really need ... show a pic

@73's de Edd

you have just shown the same thing as the OP did, not sure if you really intended to do that ??

Dave

Sorry for the confusion. I need a connection that fits onto the first picture to which it then fit's onto the second picture

The first picture is a male coax so I will need a female coax

And the second picture is a male n type so I will need a female n type.

But I need this as the one connection.

14656344665581143542145.jpg male coax

14656345377281780056012.jpg male n type

1465634670714731584351.jpg I need both of these to fit into each other.

Last edited by a moderator:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Sorry for the confusion. I need a connection that fits onto the first picture to which it then fit's onto the second picture

The first picture is a male coax so I will need a female coax

And the second picture is a male n type so I will need a female n type.

But I need this as the one connection.

View attachment 27328 male coax

View attachment 27329 male n type

View attachment 27330 I need both of these to fit into each other.

OK the first one is the standard TV Belling-Lee plug
the second one is a TNC not the N-Type

I scrolled through the 3 links that Edd gave, they are not getting to anything you need
the main problem being that Belling-Lee (PAL) to TNC is a very odd combination and chances are you will just have to make up your own patch lead
with the appropriate connector on each end of a short piece of cable

so you need one of these ...
http://www.altronics.com.au/p/p0230-screw-on-metal-rg59-female-socket-pal-75-ohm/
a short length of coax to one of these .... a TNC female (inline)

tnc-female-crimp-connector-for-lmr240-cable.jpg

cheers
Dave

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Last edited by a moderator:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Sir Aiden Collins . . . . . . .

Maybe this amassing of interconnect connections, all clustered on one photo will make it easier.

And you see that such connectors are being available, you may further shop around for pricing and suppliers.

I submit herewith . . .for your approval :

URL referece # 1

https://www.amazon.com/Female-Jack-...&keywords=F-Type+Female+to+TNC+Female+Adapter

URL reference # 2

https://www.110220volts.com/female.html

73's de Edd

why all the irrelevant stuff Edd ??

he just wants to go from a TNC to a PAL connector a simple patch lead as I suggested is all that is required

Dave

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015

Sir Dave . . . . .

he just wants to go from a TNC to a PAL connector a simple patch lead

When you read all of the situation, after the referring to a N connector, initially threw all askew for a bit.

Considering all of the interconnects from the antennas initial F connectors to TNC for the input to the inline filter/trap and then its output having to interface to PAL and then finally back to another F connector into the router.

You solely refer to having that one single PAL coax connector being shown.

I show pics . . .at this one site . . . . of all of the involved connectors (two) needed for a mere plug in and play .
( As well as their access sites.)

What are the chances of Sir Aiden having proficiency in either a BNC or its twin, the TNC connector, in its preparation and utilization, unless being involved in RF work.

The easiest RF connector, for a layman, is probably the F fitting..

The BNC and TNC;s are a somewhat different story, with the proliferation of aluminum or mylar shielding of foam coax with a single twirled wire over wrap.

Nothing like ole' copper or tinned copper or MIL/AERO silver braid coax for the BNC and TNC's.

Can he handle that ? . . . . . . . and Sir Aiden now replies to us . . . . . .

Be it all known . . . . .in probability . . . . . you are really-really just GREEN with envy . . . of that top corners receiver. . .he . .he .

EXCESS info ? . . . I hope not.

The peanut galley is now open for all and any comments . . . .from its spectators.

73's de Edd

Last edited:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
The easiest RF connector, for a layman, is probably the F fitting..

that may be so, but it isn't what he wanted

his 2 cables clearly showed the connectors that needed to be mated ... one ending in a TNC and one ending in a PAL (Belling-Lee)

an F connector isn't going to fit either of those

lets not confuse the OP with incorrect sidetracks ;)

Dave