Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help with PCH repair.

Greg Davirro

May 21, 2017
Hi,
I have 2 Popcorn Hour A200 Media Players that both had power supply failures at just about the same time. They both have the original power supply/cord/AC-DC adapter. When I plug in to the PCH, sometimes they will power on but if I rotate the cylindrical plug to the back of the PCH, the power will go on and off (based on the lights and fan going on and off) I have sprayed contact cleaner into the socket with no change. It's strange, if I wiggle the cord nothing happens, but if I rotate the connector the PCH powers on and off. Does this sound like a power supply failure or something else? Also, I'm a little confused. Are the "power supply" failures the AC-DC power cords that are failing, or is there a power supply inside the box that is failing, or both? (Photos Attached of inside PCH and power converter)
Thanks in advance.
IMG_0932.JPG IMG_0933.JPG IMG_0937.JPG

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
Check for a steady 12vdc on the back of the power jack and the connector from the adaptor. I suspect a bad jack or a bad section of wire on plug.

I give up. What is PCH? For a moment I thought you were talking about Pacific coast highway in California.

Greg Davirro

May 21, 2017
PCH is Popcorn Hour.

I solved the problem by bending the little tabs inside the power source connector on both units therefore making a better connection.