Maker Pro
Maker Pro

wind turbine help please

MarkMannM2

Apr 30, 2024
I have just carefully set up my vevor 609 watt wind turbine. 5 blade and it has been very windy. I can't get any ready higher than 10 bolts minimal amps. Sound like a similar problem. I wish I thought to spin the generator with a. Motor and Che k readings before my installation. Now I will probably have to bring it all Down and start from scratch. Major pain in my a**. So far this expensive boat anchor can even keep up with a 12v 100 Watt solar panel. Incidentally extreme caution with Vevor. I will not by from them again. HAVE YOU CONSIDERED A BOOST TRANSFORMER? LET'S SAY 8 V. TO 13 OR 14 VOLTS? JUST A THOUGHT. I may
order one. Oh by the way, motors, we'll good ones anyway, make good generators. Interesting to see how the experts were so fast to jump on that. Guys make well thought out logical suggestions please, like checking outputs of the individual phase lines, etc.. You know stuff that really helps not just let's you post something... MarkMannM2

MarkMannM2

Apr 30, 2024
If you are stuffing 18A into a 12V battery and only getting 10V, then you have a shorted cell.
I have the same issue with my new three phase generator and obviously the first thing I did was swap batteries out problem continues I know what you mean about the 10 volt threshold and as that relates to two volts per cell however in this case or at least my case that was not the issue

MarkMannM2

Apr 30, 2024
Incidentally I'm starting to explore possible issues with load balancing allowing the three phase motor to discharge properly under load conditions and non-load conditions such as when the battery is fully