Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Audio Switching?

MAHABA

Apr 13, 2012
Hi everybody,,

How could I activate (switch) a relay by an audio signal received from a source like cd-player??

The relay should switch on, when audio (music) turned on.

thank you

Last edited:

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Amplify the signal, rectify it (diode), add a low pass filter to smooth the signal, add a schmitt-trigger circuit and set the threshold of the schmitt-trigger such that it will trigger at the signal level you want. From the output of the schmitt trigger control the relay.

Harald

MAHABA

Apr 13, 2012
Hi Harald Kapp,,
You significantly prove that your are a Senior Member..
thanx a lot..

Could someone provide a schematic diagram (with resistor values) of how the circuit will look like?

MAHABA

Apr 13, 2012
Hi Harald,,
thanx agin for your help ^_^

I am waiting for ideas from other members,,,

gorgon

Jun 6, 2011
You don't tell if the relay should switch OFF when the signal disappear, or stay on?

TOK ;)

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I am waiting for ideas from other members,,,

Unless you have a problem with the information Harald gave you, or until you give us more information describing why his answer is inappropriate, you are unlikely to get further answers.

MAHABA

Apr 13, 2012
Unless you have a problem with the information Harald gave you, or until you give us more information describing why his answer is inappropriate, you are unlikely to get further answers.

What I need is a schematic diagram of what Harald said>>

He said "Amplify the signal, rectify it (diode), add a low pass filter to smooth the signal, add a schmitt-trigger circuit and set the threshold of the schmitt-trigger such that it will trigger at the signal level you want. From the output of the schmitt trigger control the relay."

Also, new idea of simpler circuit is appreciated with circuit diagram..

thanx guys