Connect with us

Assembling a DC AC Convertor Power Supply

Discussion in 'Power Electronics' started by ska214, Feb 25, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. ska214

ska214

Feb 25, 2013
    I'm a complete beginner to electronics.

I'm trying to set up a power supply but can't find the data sheet associated with this specific power supply. I've found different numbers on the supply, even one labeled SERIAL#, but none have given me helpful results when I enter them into a search engine.

Can someone tell me where I should be looking?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    Hi
    welcome to the forums :)

where did you get it from ?
    doesnt it have a manufacturers name on it ?
    does it indicate the input voltage and output voltages on/near the respective socket pins ?

Dave

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  3. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    The important stuff is written on that small black thing with 8 legs near the bottom of the third picture.

However, as a complete beginner, I wouldn't be playing with a mains powered switchmode power supply (your finger in the second image is close to the bits that can bite hard or even kill).

I guess you're after the ratings for the power supply. If they're not printed on it, you may not be able to easily identify them.

Also, placing an obviously ventilated box inside a sealed plastic enclosure may not be a great solution...

Ask a Question