Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Amico MTS-185 multi-process welder no start

Raylicker

Oct 16, 2019
Hi all, do you or could you lead me to a group that can help me get this welder going. I left it on for about an hour and when I got back it was off and never to start again. The power light goes on but nothing else. The switch is good. Only had the thing for 1 year and one month after the warranty expired. Thanks you for any help here or point me to another group, I was told there was one that would help with troubleshoot boards

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Just to be clear, warranty expired 13 months before fault occurred or 1 month before...??
If the latter I'm sure an approach to the manufacturer would be worth the effort.

Other than that, one could check fuses or any visible signs of failure.
Just be wary of internal high voltages and charged capacitors.
These things are internally quite complex with very little data available.

Raylicker

Oct 16, 2019
I'm getting power to the capacitors but don't know where o check after that. Here are pics of the two boards in it. Could it be on the little board? if I am getting power all the way to the capacitors, shouldn't I have front panel lights or something? Please any help, here are pics of both boards

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Assuredly, because of it requiring too high of a storage density. Seems like the limit here is 100's of K's.
If such is the case you either reconfigure them as J-pegs to see if the then lowered density will be accepted.
Or you. can keep them as png's and find a site akin to bbimage and upload them for that site to host for you.
Then they will assign a sub URL to them, for you to use and copy into the message text at this site.
Then you immediately click on the image icon ,being at the top of the page, whereupon , a dialog box will drop down and request that sub URL again , then it accepts and disappears and you then continue on with your message.

Thaaaaaaaasssssssit.

73's de Edd . . . .

Last edited:

Raylicker

Oct 16, 2019
I'm getting power to the capacitors but don't know where o check after that. Here are pics of the two boards in it. Could it be on the little board? if I am getting power all the way to the capacitors, shouldn't I have front panel lights or something? Please any help, here are pics of both boards

Here are the pics

Attachments

• 003 - resized.jpg
    003 - resized.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 004 - resized.jpg
    004 - resized.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 005 - resized.jpg
    005 - resized.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 005 resized.jpg