Connect with us

adjustable pulse sender

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by joj, Feb 16, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. joj


    Feb 16, 2014
    hi I am looking for a name for a electronic device. i am from Norway so my english is not so good.
    the device is as follows. when i send current thru it, it sends out electronic pulses. the frequency has has to be adjustable. does anybody know a name for this.

    the device are going to be used to trick an automatic transmission in a car to shift manually, on a very tight budget "race car". so if anybody have a link to make this at home, I would be wery happy.
  2. BobK


    Jan 5, 2010
    It would be called a pulse generator. An NE555 could probably do what you need. What is the voltage, frequency and width of the pulses?

  3. shumifan50


    Jan 16, 2014
    The following circuit allows adjustment of frequency:
    Click HERE

    The following allows frequency and duty cycle adjustment:
    Click HERE

    Depending on what you are using the output for, you might need some additional circuitry on the output.

    Do you need just a simple frequency, or is the interface perhaps more complicated, for example, it might actually be sending data streams.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day