Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help! Repairing water damaged PCB from Massage chair.

Club200

May 18, 2017
Hi Jonathan and Dorke, what an exercise!
I have been following this all the way,lots of stuff I couldn`t follow or understand but it was interesting.
My interest in this subject is because I also have a massage chair that is not working.my massage chair is about 12 yrs old.I did had contact with the manufacturer of the chair in Taiwan,but they don`t reply to any question.
My question the forum is, My massage chair stop working,what had happen is,we went away for holiday and before we went away I Turn the power supply off from the wall,on our return I turn I switch on at the wall.
and nothing happens just the click noise when I try to press the down button on the remote,also there is no response to any of the function.
If there was power surge when I turn power supply on.
I like to know where should I start looking or start trouble shoot from?
I have already check the fuse it is okay,after the switch at the back of chair there is a Candy wells EMI Filter
I check the power and the was going thru that ok. but after that I did not know what need to check or how to systematically check further.
I am not an electrician I just like to fix thing if it doesn`t work ,sometime I can fix it other times not.
Maybe someone can give some idea where to begin?
MY massage chair brand is MASSE MASSAGE CHAIR.
thank you..

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Club 200 . . . . .

Do any of these "Taiwan" origin of units seem akin to your unit or being a clone ?

https://www.alibaba.com/trade/searc...asse+"+brand+of+massage+chair&isGalleryList=G

Circuitry trace down might involve clear close up photos of the initial circuitry that the AC line cord goes into.

This unit or an olde audio power amp repair might have done in DORKE . . .May 10, 2017 (Or . . .maybe his typing fingers are now reduced down to nubs ?).
Johnathon just might have ended up at the funny farm ? . . ... Jun 1, 2016

73's de Edd

Jonawald

Dec 16, 2015
Ha. Alive and well. have done some crazy things since that project, like building a working 3d Printer for my school and repairing other electronics. I learned a heck of a lot with that project I have the chair repaired to the point where I just need to drop in the ICU I fried and it's ready to go. Unfortunately the company rep/company I was emailing with about that part quit responding so I can't get the ICU. I'm teaching arduino programming in school. Am eying that chair. I know the circuitry and what each circuit is supposed to do. One day I'll get brave ... or maybe ... I have one student who already knows more about programming arduino than I do.

An assignment to build an android/funnyphone app that will control the arduino and trigger the outputs as needed? Maybe. :) It's still on the back burner.

Club200

May 18, 2017
Ha. Alive and well. have done some crazy things since that project, like building a working 3d Printer for my school and repairing other electronics. I learned a heck of a lot with that project I have the chair repaired to the point where I just need to drop in the ICU I fried and it's ready to go. Unfortunately the company rep/company I was emailing with about that part quit responding so I can't get the ICU. I'm teaching arduino programming in school. Am eying that chair. I know the circuitry and what each circuit is supposed to do. One day I'll get brave ... or maybe ... I have one student who already knows more about programming arduino than I do.

An assignment to build an android/funnyphone app that will control the arduino and trigger the outputs as needed? Maybe. :) It's still on the back burner.

Club200

May 18, 2017
Hi Jonawald I think you have done pretty well going thru all that electronic testing etc.
I do admire you for taking on and to learn all that stuff.

Club200

May 18, 2017
Sir Club 200 . . . . .

Do any of these "Taiwan" origin of units seem akin to your unit or being a clone ?

https://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&SearchText=Taiwan+made+"+Masse+"+brand+of+massage+chair&isGalleryList=G

Circuitry trace down might involve clear close up photos of the initial circuitry that the AC line cord goes into.

This unit or an olde audio power amp repair might have done in DORKE . . .May 10, 2017 (Or . . .maybe his typing fingers are now reduced down to nubs ?).
Johnathon just might have ended up at the funny farm ? . . ... Jun 1, 2016

73's de Edd