Apr 15, 2015
Hi,
i'm testing an inverter with these features:
Fswitching=220KHz
Fout=3KHz-10Khz
Vout=150Vac
Pout=150W
Current feedback.
Sinusoidal output is obtained with transformer leakage inductor+output capacitor.
In the figure below there is the schematic.

cfcd.png

The problem is that a little DC component (about 100mA) put transformer into saturation and the output waveform has a distorsion as in figure

cfcdfo.png

I don't understand from where it can come this DC component. Could you help me?

A capacitor could solve my problem? what features should have this capacitor? Ceramic or film cap? I had thought of 47uF@25volt as the voltage across it should never be too high.

Let me know.

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
What has temperature (K) to do with it?
The H bridge needs two n channel fets and two p channel fets and a level shifter to drive the p channel fets.
The four transistors will need to be matched to get an average zero transformer current.
Passing high voltage, high current AC through a low voltage electrolytic capacitor is likely to lead to tears.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I don't understand from where it can come this DC component. Could you help me?

If the total time your H bridge remains in one state does not equal the total time in the other state over some large number of cycles, then there will be a net DC voltage across the transformer and a net DC current.

Yes, a cap would improve things, but the voltage rating would be significantly larger than you imagine.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
You should possibly study the voltages in series resonant circuits.

You may want to stay away from resonance, but even still, there will be effects.