Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Transmitter and Receiver: Sending information and which components

Abdalla Mahmoud

Jul 25, 2014
Hi I am pretty new to electronics so please be patient with me, I have this Transmitter and Receiver (the image), I want to be able to connect the Receiver to a LED Light, and when i switch on the Transmitter I want that the receiver would connect with the transmitter and thus then the LED light would switch on.

Can you please help me to find all of the components I need to do this?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
It sounds easy, doesn't it?

The problem is that to operate reliably it needs to be reasonably complex.

If you start with (say) an already built 433MHz transmitter and receiver, the problem is that the receiver will pick up static while the transmitter is not transmitting. Added to this, it will pick up any other 433MHz transmitter (for example, garage door openers).

To work correctly, the transmitter must send some form of encoded signal that the receiver decodes. This is effectively what the aforementioned garage door openers do.

Maybe you can search eBay for some wireless remote controls that allow things to be switched on and off. A common form of this is a remotely operated lamp or power socket. It sounds like you want something battery operated. I can't think of anything offhand, but I'll take a look.

edit: yeah, search eBay for "remote control switch". There quite a few options there. Beware anything mains powered coming from China!