Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help with Digiplex DGP-848 setup

bose

Nov 12, 2009
OK here it goes...

Our new home was pre-wired for Paradox security system w/ a DGP-848 control panel, keypads and about 10 detector modules. I managed to successfully reset the master code by putting the jumper and entering programmable ares 950 (or was it 970? can't remember...). Anyhow, I must have unintentionally done something else to screw myself up and all the programming for the detector modules are gone!

I looked through all the stuff we received from the previous owner and the serial numbers for the detector modules were not written down anywhere. Is there a way to scan/discover all those serial numbers?

The control panel is able to scan/detect the serial numbers of all the keypad units but not the door/window units.

Will appreciate any tips from the experts.

Thanks in advance!

frobins

Nov 17, 2009
Here's a link to the installation manual. I'm not that familiar with that particular panel. But in the systems I've used you would do a module scan and it would find the devices on the bus and display the serial numbers on the keypad. If the door/window units are hooked up to the zones on the board they would not have a serial number just a zone number. Hope this helps.

It won't let me post the link for the manual so it will be in the next post.

bose

Nov 12, 2009
Many thanks for responding and the link.

I tried the module scan but only the two keypad units showed up in the list. But indeed...the door/window units are connected to the zones. By looking at the hardwiring, there appears to be 5 different zones and each detector unit belongs to one of the zones.

I shall carefully look at the zone programming section in the guide. This might be the key...

jmh

Nov 13, 2010
hard wire zones are not going to have serial numbers. Only modules connected to the combus. sounds like you need to program sections 001-008 with your control panels serial number and section 101-108 to enable your zones. If your windows, doors, motions ect.. are wireless you will refer to section 953 module programming. And each device will need to be entered manually. you cant scan the wireless modules.