Connect with us

Would Like A Recommendation

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by flypadre, Feb 7, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. flypadre

flypadre

Jan 30, 2013
    I went online and searched for a circuit simulator and came across a free site called Circuit Labs. The site looks nice and I was able to play around with some circuits.
    https://www.circuitlab.com/
    I was wondering if in the opinion of others there are better sites out there or even software that is available or is this the best that is available now?
    -Sean

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  2. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    The best is a full blown SPICE simulator but they are COSTLY...

I like the free online applet from http://www.falstad.com/circuit/ it's simple and limited but works very well for what it is...

3. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    LTSPICE is pretty good in my opionion and it is free. The only drawback is the lack of a large library, but you can any part you can find a spice model for.

Bob

4. Miguel Lopez

Miguel Lopez

Jan 25, 2012
  5. flypadre

flypadre

Jan 30, 2013
    Hi Bob,
    I'm assuming that you meant to say you can "get" any part you can find a spice model for.
    By get would you mean that the part is available in the LTSPICE library or do you purchase these additions to add them to the LTSPICE library?
    -Sean

6. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    **spice models are just text files, many manufactures release them publicly you just tweak for your version of spice sometimes... Some people share them as well, also don't forget the TI model is likely identical or close enough for an equivalent say ST part, so you are not locked into one companies models...

7. flypadre

flypadre

Jan 30, 2013
    What is a TI model?
    -Sean

8. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    Texas Instruments, in other words the SPICE model they supply for one of their parts...

9. flypadre

flypadre

Jan 30, 2013
    BTW I want to thank you for the ltspice recommendation. :D I downloaded the software and watched a couple of youtube instructional videos. I think that I will only be using a fraction of what this program can do.
    -Sean

Ask a Question