Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Would Like A Recommendation

flypadre

Jan 30, 2013
I went online and searched for a circuit simulator and came across a free site called Circuit Labs. The site looks nice and I was able to play around with some circuits.
https://www.circuitlab.com/
I was wondering if in the opinion of others there are better sites out there or even software that is available or is this the best that is available now?
-Sean

Last edited:

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
LTSPICE is pretty good in my opionion and it is free. The only drawback is the lack of a large library, but you can any part you can find a spice model for.

Bob

flypadre

Jan 30, 2013
Hi Bob,
but you can any part you can find a spice model for
I'm assuming that you meant to say you can "get" any part you can find a spice model for.
By get would you mean that the part is available in the LTSPICE library or do you purchase these additions to add them to the LTSPICE library?
-Sean

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
I'm assuming that you meant to say you can "get" any part you can find a spice model for.
By get would you mean that the part is available in the LTSPICE library or do you purchase these additions to add them to the LTSPICE library?
-Sean

**spice models are just text files, many manufactures release them publicly you just tweak for your version of spice sometimes... Some people share them as well, also don't forget the TI model is likely identical or close enough for an equivalent say ST part, so you are not locked into one companies models...

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Texas Instruments, in other words the SPICE model they supply for one of their parts...

flypadre

Jan 30, 2013
BTW I want to thank you for the ltspice recommendation. :D I downloaded the software and watched a couple of youtube instructional videos. I think that I will only be using a fraction of what this program can do.
-Sean