Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Who knows where to get the best value storage system for R&D SMD components?

T

Tony

Jan 1, 1970
I need 600-800 little boxes that won't easily spill. Have found a few, but all quite
expensive.

I'm happy enough to pay the lowest cost ones found so far - interlocking individual
static-safe plastic boxes with spring- closing lids; I think they are about 18x12x10
inside. I was wondering if these types have caused any of you any concern? Or is there a
better type? where?

Regards,
Tony

J

John Devereux

Jan 1, 1970
Tony said:
I need 600-800 little boxes that won't easily spill. Have found a few, but all quite
expensive.

I'm happy enough to pay the lowest cost ones found so far - interlocking individual
static-safe plastic boxes with spring- closing lids; I think they are about 18x12x10
inside. I was wondering if these types have caused any of you any concern? Or is there a
better type? where?

I use envelopes.

J

John Larkin

Jan 1, 1970
expensive.

better type? where?

Regards,
Tony

Coin envelopes.

John

expensive.

better type? where?

Regards,
Tony

Use Digikey's digi-reel service. Once you have all your most often
used values on reels, you'll never want to dick around with drawers.

F

Fred Bartoli

Jan 1, 1970
Tony a écrit :
expensive.

better type? where?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280075864488

D

DJ Delorie

Jan 1, 1970
One of the guys in our user's group uses the smallest of these:

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&p=44948&cat=1,43326

He keeps the various boxes in a big crasftsman tool chest, making it a
moveable parts library - one drawer per category, one box per type.
He prints a label that covers the "top" half of each clear top, so
when he picks it up he can read the label and see how many remain.