Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Which Phoenix connectors? (nooby question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamba76

Apr 22, 2022
I'm new to electronics and Im attempting to assemble 4 small PCBs into a housing for a car audio project. Current draw is no more than half an amp. I get easily overwhelmed with the choices and end up abandoning projects. Could someone offer advice or tips on where to buy electronic components in the UK and maybe provide links for an appropriate 8 way panel mount header Phoenix connector AND plug where I could buy in the UK. They all seem similar and don't want a false start. My new favourite saying is from the Irish - A good start is half the job done!
I hope I don't seem lazy but I have plans for a tonn of other projects and just need a bit of guidence / shove in the right direction! Thank you.

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
You are right - there are *tons* of different connectors out there. The term "Phoenix" helps, but not enough. To help us narrow down things, please post an example image of what you are considering.

ak

mamba76

Apr 22, 2022
heres a link from Phoenix -
https://www.phoenixcontact.com/en-gb/products/feed-through-header-dfk-mc-15-8-gf-381-1827596
Now need to find the matching plug.
Ill asume I need to cut out a rectangular hole and use nut and bolt or maybe theres a clip in option then need to know the thickness of the panel etc, saves buying nuts & bolts
Im guessing pros and the like buy stuff in bulk so Ill want something versatile. I wonder if you can cut them to suit how many connectors you need like the standard electrical connection block strips, that would be good. on Ebay they are like £8 for one connector!
-S408x408-FJPG

Last edited:

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Closed for further commenting upon request by the op.

Status
Not open for further replies.