Connect with us

Which component is of the wrong value?

Discussion in 'Electronics Homework Help' started by charmcaster.engg, Jan 16, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. charmcaster.engg

charmcaster.engg

Mar 20, 2014
    Which component is of the wrong value? n why? Answer is given as R1.

[​IMG]

2. Gryd3

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
    Call me picky, but I suggested you posted your last topic in 'Homework Help'
    This certainly seems like it would fall in that category as well.
    ...As does all of your other topics.

I will not do your homework for you. Please reply with the work you have done so far on this problem.

3. charmcaster.engg

charmcaster.engg

Mar 20, 2014
    I have calculated equivalent resistance which comes out to be 480. Thus current comes out 0.1A. Then power comes 4.8W. But wattmeter shows 9.408 reading?

4. Gryd3

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
    Perfect. Do take a look at the Ammeters in the drawings to see which part of the circuit is behaving properly.

5. charmcaster.engg

charmcaster.engg

Mar 20, 2014
    Should I find out the loop currents by applying KVL,KCL or is there any other judgement method?

6. Gryd3

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
    Yes. Ignore the readings on the ammeters and wattmeter until you have completed some of your calculations.
    If the printed values match your calculations then you can state the components function correctly. Otherwise you know where the faulty component is.

7. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    moved to HW

Ask a Question