Connect with us

What's the name of ...

Discussion in 'Electronic Design' started by Paul Hovnanian P.E., May 25, 2007.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. .... the mirror/prism configuration that can rotate an image fed into a
    camera by rotating one (or more) of its component mirrors?
  2. mc

    mc Guest

    Yes. Also (more prosaically) "image rotator".
  3. That's it. Thanks.

    Paul Hovnanian mailto:p
    100 buckets of bits on the bus
    100 buckets of bits
    You take one down,
    and short it to ground
    FF buckets of bits on the bus
  4. Dove prism?

    Best regards,
    Spehro Pefhany
  5. If you Google on that, you've got to wade through a whole bunch of
    software apps.
  6. Joerg

    Joerg Guest

    You can often greatly reduce the wading effort by entering "-compiler"
    or some other word that is most likely to occur in a software-related
    description. Then it (usually) ignores all hits with that word in there.
  7. Rich Grise

    Rich Grise Guest

    "Dove prisms have an interesting property that when they are rotated along
    their longitudinal axis, the transmitted image rotates at twice the rate
    of the prism. This property means they can rotate a beam of light by an
    arbitrary angle, making them useful in beam rotators, which have
    applications in fields such as interferometry, astronomy, and pattern

    Edmund scientific had them listed in their catalog last Millennium. :)

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day