Maker Pro
Maker Pro

What software suitbale for programming robot?

Sh_L

Dec 24, 2011
Hello guys..I've selected a task that has given me to developed a software for a robot. The actual title of the task is Fire Fighting Robot. I really doesn't know where to begin because I don't even know which or what software that is suitable for this project. Please give me a an advice on this guys.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Choose your hardware and then determine what programming languages are available.

Generally you'll find that C (or something almost indistinguishable) will be an option.

Sh_L

Dec 24, 2011
Alright..you mean the IC right?whether it is PIC or microprosser right?

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
As far as I am concerned, the arduino is the best environment for new users. It has everything you need in a $30 dollar package to program the chip and to start designing with it. It has plenty of memory for programs so you don't have to be the most proficient programmer to use one. There is literally tons of information out there for it and the programming environment is quite simple to use. Once you have a working prototype, you can remove your program chip and work it into your own PCB design. These things are so universal there is no wonder why they are one of the most popular uC's on the market.

That said, a firefighting robot sounds like a real challenge. Hope you are up for it!

Sh_L

Dec 24, 2011
I just understand a bit now about arduino controller,thanks for your information jackorocko. I did understand the title quite hard, but this firefighting robot task are divided into two category,one have to developed the software,the other one has to developed the hardware. So right now I put my focus into software development for this robot to work. :)

[email protected]

Dec 29, 2010
Arduino is the best starting point for a newbie. The IDE is very simple to understand and the their are tons of examples available on the internet which will help you understand the arduino better. Go ahead with arduino. You will definately gain a lot from arduino.