Maker Pro
Maker Pro

What?! Being put on the sidelines is a good thing?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Listening to an internet "radio station" and hearing their never ending advertising for their premium (ad-free) product...

I think I am correctly quoting it, "Let Tune In put you on the sidelines of every game of NFL football."

Where I am, being "put on the sidelines" means to be ejected from the game, taken out of play, to be treated as unimportant, to lose influence, to be put somewhere you won't be noticed or be able to have an effect.

Is this another American thing like "fanny"?

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Amerikanski perceived translation . . . .

" put you on the sidelines of every game of NFL football."

That would certainly take you right out of your humdrum existence in either being a distant placed observer in either watching on a video presentation via television or internet / video by phone or listening in on the radio.
Or possibly, your even being, way-way on up in TIER 5 seat 499 , should you actually BE in the stadium.

THEN . . . . . being right " on the sidelines " in the midst of the coaches, benched players and ref's, is certainly being a more preferred position than the other prior mentioned locations / situations.

(Glad you mentioned NFL as being the qualifier, otherwise I would have perceived of a bloke referring to soccer. )

Is this another American thing like "fanny"?
Any ALL AMERICAN male stud is going to refer to himself as a FAN.

Last edited:

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
Being put on the sidelines is a bad thing for a player, but it is the closest to the game you will get if a spectator. You won't see the game nearly as well as sitting at home viewing a big TV, but you will be in an exciting position if you want to see the players close up.

For any radio station to state it, without video, is madness.