Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Unusual resistor calculator for electronic engineers

lyubomyr

Dec 2, 2011
Hi to evebody.
I would like to share a tool which was developed for my own needs. For some time I recently need to obtain not standard resistor values with rationed precision from standard E24 series of resistors. Unfortuantely I don't find really good and convenient tool to do it. Finally I decided to made Resistors Finder for iPhone.
I did my best to create simple, nice and convenient user interface and fast searching algorithm.
I spent a lot of time to make user interface as simple as possible so you will understand how to use it in first minute. Just type disired resistance and you will get a list of pairs of standard resistors sorted by deviation from the desired value.

Resistor Finder was just released on App Store few days ago.
If you want a free copy please PM me for promo code (Only limited quantity available).
It will be nice to hear some feedback from you all. Any suggestion, critics and feature requests are welcome.

Attachments

• Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 613
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 184
  • Picture 009.png
    Picture 009.png
    68.8 KB · Views: 168

daddles

Jun 10, 2011
I don't use an iphone, so I can't comment. But I've seen a number of apps that sound like what you wanted; you just didn't look hard enough. :) Here's one (get the resistor.zip file inside the main zip file).

lyubomyr

Dec 2, 2011
Thank You for link :) Unfortunately I have no luck in googling so write some piece of code was faster for me.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Yeah, but we're not trying to make money from basic calculations either.

I really am on the verge of removing your posts as spam.

lyubomyr

Dec 2, 2011
Yeah, but we're not trying to make money from basic calculations either.

I really am on the verge of removing your posts as spam.

From the beginning I was going to make this app free. The only reason to submit paid app is to investigate market of engineering applications.

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
From the beginning I was going to make this app free. The only reason to submit paid app is to investigate market of engineering applications.

So then this is spam? Your "market" is clearly people who might find this tool useful, they call that advertising! I think a mod can clearly close this thread now for what it is.

Last edited:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I tend to agree. If anyone is really interested in this app, hey can search for it. I'll remove the name from the first message :)

lyubomyr

Dec 2, 2011
@(*steve*)
Yes You can close It.

@daddles
Thank again for the link. I found some tool useful.

@all
Bye :)