Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Trying to repair tv but really need some help

JOB

Aug 6, 2011
Hi,
I have a Samsung WS-32Z306V television and last week the picture suddenly got to big for the screen while I was watching. The audio remained fine.

This continued to be the case for 5-10 minutes and then the whole image and audio ceased to function.

Now when I try to turn the television on it just makes a slight clicking noise at the back, roughly 2-3 times per second.

I have trawled various forums to find a resolution but none deal specifically with my television.

I have checked the internal fuse which is fine and from the other forums it seems the capacitors are the most likely problem.

Can anybody help me with this as I would love to fix it myself.

Thanks,

John.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
It sounds a lot like an EHT fault.

I wouldn't necessarily be looing for faulty capacitors at frst.

The clicking you are hearing may be the power supply shutting down after a massive overload (caused by a failure in the EHT section).

I'm not a TV person really, but there are others here with a lot of experience. I'm sure someone will be able to give you more precise information.

For now, if you want to fix it, you should be looking for circuit diagrams and service manuals.

JOB

Aug 6, 2011
Hi Steve,

I'll get looking for the service manuals and schematics today.

I'm looking forward to finding this fault.

Thanks

John.

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
Steve's right, the EHT transformer has broken down (a bigger pic' means the EHT is lower than usual), and has probably now taken the driver transistor with it in the fall.

jmotion

Jul 25, 2011
I had a similar problem with my Vizio TV, I also didnt know the probelm so I took it apart and messed with it a little bit. I took it to a nearby tv repair shop and they had me replace the entire main board. Total cost of repair was under $200, but it works great now. If you are willing to spend that much to repair it then do so, otherwise look into buying another tv.

- jmotion

Last edited by a moderator: