Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Time activated motorised device for applying light pressure?

dhmyer

Oct 10, 2012
You'll have to bear with me on this one. I need to know if anyone is aware of a device I could purchase or knows how to make one that could do the following:

A device which could be set on a timer which, when the timer reaches a preset moment, exerts pressure enough to press a button on, say, a keyboard or a tv remote.

In other words, a device which could be set for a certain time and, at that allotted time, would exert downward pressure wherever it is located (on the "Enter" key of a keyboard for example).

If anyone knows of such a device, could you let me know.

Many thanks.

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Easy enough to make with a solenoid or a servo/stepper motor to linear device... The timer can be as simple as a 555 circuit or a full blown microchip circuit depending upon needs...

Also if this is something where the keyboard is not needed, than it's probably best to skip the keyboard and do a direct interface without the need of a mechanical actuator...

dhmyer

Oct 10, 2012
Thank you for your response CocaCola. Alas, I don't think my skills are high enough to do it myself. I'll pass what you say on to one of my more skilled friends, but I think I may be forced to continue looking for some sort of ready made version of what I described.

Thanks again.

dhmyer

Oct 10, 2012
It's for a PC alright, but not one I have macro privileges for. Let's just say I'm looking to looking to improve my work-life balance....

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
It's for a PC alright, but not one I have macro privileges for. Let's just say I'm looking to looking to improve my work-life balance....
Like making it look like you are working while you are enjoying your life :)

Bob