Maker Pro
Maker Pro

stepping up voltage does not work

komalbarun

Nov 25, 2011
Will make a better schematic which is viewable then come back to you.

Attachments

• schematics.JPG
    schematics.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
Hi there welcome to the forum. Its a bit hard to say with out a bit more detail on the switching of the DC to produce the wave form for input to a transformer, but with out the schematic its hard to work out, but you say diagram / schematic to follow, I might be able to help with a schematic, but if i cant then there are top expert members on the forum that could, look forward to your diagram / schematic.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi people, I`ve tried to build an inverter which takes DC to alternating (+ve and -ve) DC - works perfectly.
After that have connected a transformer to step up the voltage but the output voltage remains at less than 1 volt.
I will be uploading the circuit diagram soon.
Pls help me out.

so the inverter .....
what is the DC input voltage and current capabilities of the inverter ?
what is the AC voltage output of that ?

what sort of transformer ?
what AC voltage did you expect out of the transformer given the AC voltage that is presunmably coming out of the inverter ?

we, as the other Dave said, need lots more info from you :)

Dave

loop

May 31, 2011
cant see the schematic clearly... can u use some CAD software to draw the schematic and then upload it....

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
cant see the schematic clearly... can u use some CAD software to draw the schematic and then upload it....

ditto ... completely unreadable

use nice black pen on white paper and make sure the pic is focussed properly :)

Dave

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
Or sketch and scan.
Fets are normally used in this type of circuit since they will turn on with a very low series resistance and need negligible current to drive. I doubt if the mosfet can drive the transistors properly but even so, your volts are very low.

I would recommend a 4047 oscillator, which gives antiphase outputs, driving a pair of IRF540A (or similar) fets.

What is a Z transformer?

Duke

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
Could he mean impedance of the transformers input waveform stage from switching stage. :)

Consultant

Dec 2, 2011
wouldn't that indicate a 1:1 transformer?

That is just an example.
The transformer matches the 600 ohm output impedance of a typical microphone to the input impedance of the audio gear. This is typically 10K, or roughly 17:1 for maximum power transfer and minimum distortion of the sound.

Last edited: