Connect with us

Speaking of LEDs...

Discussion in 'Electronic Basics' started by steamer, Jul 28, 2008.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. steamer

    steamer Guest

    --I've been looking *everywhere* for a specific kind of connector but I
    can't seem to find any. Ya know those long snap-apart 'sticks' that have
    male leads on one end (that can be pushed thru PC board holes and soldered
    on the back side) and female sockets on the other? I've been able to find them
    with the tiny, circular female sockets but I can't seem to find any with the
    *square* female socket, like what you'd see on a proto board. What I'm trying
    to do is populate one of those evilmadscientist boards with interchangeable
    LEDs. The trouble is the square lead variety; i.e. the common, cheap ones,
    don't fit in the little round hole connectors. I found one outfit that will
    sell me a two-pin connector like I need but their price was astronomical!
    --Has anyone got a source for these in the snap-apart form, with
    a 2.4mm (0.1") spacing?
  2. Jasen Betts

    Jasen Betts Guest

    I'd just get a cheap (folded sheet metal contact) DIP socket and
    hacksaw it into two rows, OTOH DIPS with square pins do fit the
    machined-pin DIP sockets too, so LEDs should work there too.

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day