Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Small Induction Furnace

roltex_rohit123

Oct 12, 2009
I am working on solar cells and want to do actual practical research in them. for that I need to manipulate the doping percentages and elements in it. for this I must be able to melt the silicon and doping elements. I want to make a small secure induction furnace to melt 50ml volume. The power consumption must not be high enough to burn my house wiring and not more than 5000 watts power. This project is meant to be done at home in my private lab. I need the circuit. I would be doing this in a clean environment (clean room grade A) or even vacuum cabinet surrounding the furnace. so fuel consuming furnace are not good idea. since the volume is low i think 3-5k watts should be enough. the temperatures it could attain is 1600 degree centigrade adjustable. could anyone help me? the cells are going to be bio processed to make antireflective coating. this would help to increase effeciency.

Last edited by a moderator:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
This is not an electronics question.

You would be better off posting it on a forum dedicated to research and testing of solar cells.

If I were building one, I think I'd be using the control logic from a thronomister though.

roltex_rohit123

Oct 12, 2009
This is not an electronics question.

You would be better off posting it on a forum dedicated to research and testing of solar cells.

If I were building one, I think I'd be using the control logic from a thronomister though.

actually want to build a small induction furnace at home. the ones at market are too costly to buy. so i think the circuit part may be electronics.

Last edited: